Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Angels@Twins 9/9 6:10PM

Liked 2,296 Times in 1,288 Posts
    Blog Entries

Game Thread: Angels@Twins 9/9 6:10PM

Angels: SP Jered Weaver

Twins: SP Pedro Hernandez

Things to Think About:

1. Think about Napoleon Dynamite... I do when Pedro pitches. Vote for Pedro!!! If he can throw a baseball like that creepy guy can throw a steak. Some Angels may get knocked off of their Bikes.

2. Think about the Angels... The Twins are facing the over compensation world tour. The Blue Jays roll into town followed by the Angels.

3. Think about Jered Weaver... He throws across his body... Some pitching coach in his development... Either... Couldn't change his delivery... Didn't care to change his delivery or Weaver just wanted his funky style.

4 Think about Josh Hamilton... There was a time when I thought Josh was the best player in the game... Now I'm starting to think he's an old man before he should be.

5. Think about reading material... I don't read a lot... I like to read at night because it puts me to sleep... However since it puts me to sleep... I rarely get to finish a book. Awhile back our family took a trip and stayed at a friends house for a night. I was having trouble sleeping so I got up to look around for a book to read. After finding one... I started reading and it was written in this strange chronological literary style. The Chapters were titled Thursday January 12... Friday January 13 and so forth. The book was depressing... Each chapter seemed to have an expression of hopelessness from a female narrator. She worried about the kids growing up in a heartless world... the meaning of life... she seemed to have problems with nearly everyone she came across... someone was too uppity... someone was to nosey... someone was too aloof and so on... The book was also sexual... Intimate details of her desire... Graphic at times. Honest thoughts about the narrator's body... Her feeling of inadequacy... Her lack of fulfillment from her husband. Her unrequited lusting of another man who works at Starbucks that she would patronize daily.

When I woke up the next morning... My friends wife asked how I slept and I said fine after I found a book to read. I asked where they found such an interesting book with no title and handwritten. I thought the concept was clever and I was eager to go over every detail that I read. I was surprised to see that she looked horrified as I discussed what I was reading last night and I was finally interrupted when my friend yelled out "You don't even drink Coffee"!!!

I knew it was time to gather the family and thank them for the hospitality and head on down the highway.
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 09-08-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Liked 2,296 Times in 1,288 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm on the road today(Monday) and I won't be able to post the lineups. If someone could post them it would be appreciated.

Its been an oddly busy two weeks for me and this should be the last of it. I'm hoping to be able to actually watch the Twins play and Game thread on Tuesday. Maybe even catch up to what's happening on Twins Daily.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I knew it was time to gather the family and thank them for the hospitality and head on down the highway.
    I have a feeling this novel may have had an interesting chapter or two added to the following pages in the next edition. Check with the publisher.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Things to Think About:

6. Why are we even playing this game? It's basically meaningless for both sides, and the only two purposes I can think of are 1) an almost unhealthy obsession with completing a league schedule for the sole sake of completing the schedule, rather than determining a championship, and 2) gate receipts.

I'm all in favor of making up lost games when feasible, but to schedule a 1-game series on the last off-day of the season for the team, just so we can play 162 games instead of 161, seems excessive.

Liked 140 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoPilgrim View Post
    Things to Think About:

6. Why are we even playing this game? It's basically meaningless for both sides, and the only two purposes I can think of are 1) an almost unhealthy obsession with completing a league schedule for the sole sake of completing the schedule, rather than determining a championship, and 2) gate receipts.

I'm all in favor of making up lost games when feasible, but to schedule a 1-game series on the last off-day of the season for the team, just so we can play 162 games instead of 161, seems excessive.
    What if the Twins need this game to get the 3rd overall draft pick rather than the 4th in next year's draft. I'd say it's pretty important then.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Liked 3,166 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Things to Think About:

Mathmatically both teams are still alive, no?

Besides I paid for 162 on extra innings and I want the option to suffer through all of em.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Mathmatically both teams are still alive, no?

Besides I paid for 162 on extra innings and I want the option to suffer through all of em.
    Yes, they are still alive, but there is certainly precedent for not making it up when it doesn't fit easily into the remaining schedule.

And, yes, I also will be watching (after I get back in from work)...as much as I don't understand the purpose.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,929 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I'm on the road today(Monday) and I won't be able to post the lineups. If someone could post them it would be appreciated.

Its been an oddly busy two weeks for me and this should be the last of it. I'm hoping to be able to actually watch the Twins play and Game thread on Tuesday. Maybe even catch up to what's happening on Twins Daily.
    LAA

LF Cowgill
    SS Aybar
    CF Trout
    1B Trumbo
    DH Hamilton
    C Iannetta
    RF Calhoun
    2B Green
    3B Field

Twins

CF Presley
    C Pinto
    2B Dozier
    LF Arcia
    DH Doumit
    3B Plouffe
    1B Colabello
    RF Parmelee
    SS Florimon

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 332 Times in 162 Posts
    [QUOTE=IdahoPilgrim;162525]Things to Think About:

6. Why are we even playing this game?
    2) gate receipts.
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    [QUOTE=Winston Smith;162541]
    Things to Think About:

2) gate receipts.
    Oh, great ... no lunch and now this. I'm hungry and my V8 isn't holding me well.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hellz Yeah! I might be the only Twins Daily Member who is excited to see Parmelee in the starting line-up today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,282 Times in 686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Hellz Yeah! I might be the only Twins Daily Member who is excited to see Parmelee in the starting line-up today.
    I'm excited to see Parms, I like him and hope like hell he can figure things out. It sure would help this team next year if he can figure out how to turn on an inside fastball.

Note: I'm not holding my breath, merely hoping.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,282 Times in 686 Posts
    [QUOTE=Winston Smith;162541]
    Things to Think About:

2) gate receipts.
    Where's the Summit? And please remove that ketchup from the vicinity of that hot dog you barbarian.

Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    [QUOTE=twinsnorth49;162588]
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post

Where's the Summit? And please remove that ketchup from the vicinity of that hot dog you barbarian.
    omg ... I was so hungry I didn't even notice that before. I think it's even ON the hot dog! Sacrilege!

Totally agree ketchup has no place close to a dog or brat. Sorry missed it.

This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Blog Entries
    an almost unhealthy obsession with completing a league schedule for the sole sake of completing the schedule
    Being a professional is doing what you love doing even on the days when you'd rather be doing something else.

Of course the observation about $$ probably is more to the point.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 479 Times in 233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    That's a pretty good guess.
    Chris Hermann solves everything. hat tip to jokin

Blog Entries
    Bah. Letting Weaver off the hook in the bottom of the first can't be good for business.

I am 100% sure that Parmelee has never got me excited!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    I am 100% sure that Parmelee has never got me excited!
    We know that Bark is an excitable boy. That probably accounts for the discrepancy.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast