2B Dozier
    RF Arcia
    DH Doumit
    LF Willingham
    3B Plouffe
    1B Parmelee
    SS Florimon

Things to Think About:

1. Think about Jarrod Parker... He's unbeaten in 18 starts... He hasn't lost since May 22nd... That was right about the time that I dropped him in my fantasy league. It was early May and Parker was 1-5 with a 7 plus ERA. He's worked that baby down to 3.57. The Twins can stop that streak tonight!!!

2. Think about the A's lineup... I have some radical thinking and it's square pegs into Twins Daily round holes at times. One of my radical thoughts is this... If you are good enough to make a major league roster... You are good enough to win games. The A's are there to support this radical theory of mine. Take a look at the lineup that they are putting out. With the exception of Cespedes and maybe Lowrie... Everybody in the A's lineup is off the scrap heap... Crisp was tossed aside by the Red Sox for a Royals relief pitcher and allowed to walk by the Royals. Josh Donaldson was a slightly above average Catching Prospect before finding his stride as a 3B. The Pirates and Phillies both gave up on Moss... Callaspo was basically a default 3B for the Angels... Barton is glove first 1B... Vogt was never really voted for and Sogard wears glasses. They compete and they win games... I like Ron Gardenhire and I think Gardy has been short suited with talent in the past few years but when I watch the A's... I tend to think that Ron is running out of motivational steam.

3. Think about the A's Pitching... Another radical theory that I have is this... Starting Pitching is the most important thing and the 2nd most important thing is starting pitching... The third most important thing is starting pitching... The 4th most important thing is decent ball park food. The A's have starting pitching that gives them a chance to win... Colon, Parker and Griffin have been a solid 3 for them. Rookies Gray and Straily have held serve and who knows what will come from Anderson but he's shown talent in the past when healthy. Billy Beane keeps making deals for young arms from other organizations and this pipeline is working. The Twins will compete again when the rotation has quality arms... It won't happen when Buxton and Sano show up... It will happen when the Arms can compete and the rest of the team plays along. Radical thinking... I know.

4. Think about the Twins lineup... Ron is shaking things up... Willingham and Plouffe in the 6 and 7... If Willingham doesn't start figuring things out... he will be batting in the 11 spot soon.

5. Think about Darkness... Last night around 3AM... I woke up and remembered that I forgot to do something at work. I needed my blackberry to take care of it and I left the blackberry on the end table in the living room. It was dark and I didn't want to wake my family so I left the lights off and tried to find the end table. It isn't easy finding stuff in total darkness but I'm able to report that my shin found the end table. When I yelled **** after banging my shin. My wife and family woke up. In the end... I guess I could have turned on the light.
    "9. Lipstick"

"How can Canada produce Tie Domi and not have a better military"?

"I noticed while robbing the First State Bank last night that if you go into the vault when nobody is looking... You can get away with it".

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 137 Times in 74 Posts
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 109 Times in 66 Posts
    That line up might be watchable, actually. But probably not.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,260 Times in 752 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    I'll see yours, and raise you this (give it 10 seconds):
    UncleFester.gif

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,260 Times in 752 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    If Willingham doesn't start figuring things out... he will be batting in the 11 spot soon.
    But there isn't a number ele... oh.
    h19894146.jpg
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 09-10-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How bout that... I'm sitting on my couch... Watching a game.
    "9. Lipstick"

"I noticed while robbing the First State Bank last night that if you go into the vault when nobody is looking... You can get away with it".

OK, the odds are better for finishing .500 for the year -- they only need to win 19 out 20 instead of 20 out of 21!

The fact that all but three of the games are against pennant/wild card contenders is irrelevant.

Blog Entries
    Wait a Sec... Rotoworld lied to me... That wasn't Pelfey Pitching!!!

Actually... It was a 1-2-3 inning... So I'm not sure it was Hendriks either.
    "9. Lipstick"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VATwinsFan View Post
    OK, the odds are better for finishing .500 for the year -- they only need to win 19 out 20 instead of 20 out of 21!

The fact that all but three of the games are against pennant/wild card contenders is irrelevant.
    You just gotta believe... With Presley and Pinto... The killer Pees. You just gotta believe!!!
    "9. Lipstick"

You just gotta believe... With Presley and Pinto... The killer Pees. You just gotta believe!!!
    "Ya gotta have heart,
    All you really need is heart....."

OK, youngsters, what is this referring to?

No one over 40 is allowed to answer.

Gardy said the Twins weren't going to let up against the contenders coming up.

When was it that we had our foot down exactly?
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Blog Entries
    "Ya gotta have heart,

Thats Easy... Christiaan Bernard.
    "9. Lipstick"

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A's: SP Jarrod Parker

CF Crisp
    3B Donaldson
    DH Lowrie
    RF Moss
    LF Cespedes
    2B Callaspo
    1B Barton
    C Vogt
    SS Sogard

Twins: SP Mike Pelfrey

CF Presley
    C Pinto
    2B Dozier
    RF Arcia
    DH Doumit
    LF Willingham
    3B Plouffe
    1B Parmelee
    SS Florimon

Things to Think About:

1. Think about Jarrod Parker... He's unbeaten in 18 starts... He hasn't lost since May 22nd... That was right about the time that I dropped him in my fantasy league. It was early May and Parker was 1-5 with a 7 plus ERA. He's worked that baby down to 3.57. The Twins can stop that streak tonight!!!

2. Think about the A's lineup... I have some radical thinking and it's square pegs into Twins Daily round holes at times. One of my radical thoughts is this... If you are good enough to make a major league roster... You are good enough to win games. The A's are there to support this radical theory of mine. Take a look at the lineup that they are putting out. With the exception of Cespedes and maybe Lowrie... Everybody in the A's lineup is off the scrap heap... Crisp was tossed aside by the Red Sox for a Royals relief pitcher and allowed to walk by the Royals. Josh Donaldson was a slightly above average Catching Prospect before finding his stride as a 3B. The Pirates and Phillies both gave up on Moss... Callaspo was basically a default 3B for the Angels... Barton is glove first 1B... Vogt was never really voted for and Sogard wears glasses. They compete and they win games... I like Ron Gardenhire and I think Gardy has been short suited with talent in the past few years but when I watch the A's... I tend to think that Ron is running out of motivational steam.

3. Think about the A's Pitching... Another radical theory that I have is this... Starting Pitching is the most important thing and the 2nd most important thing is starting pitching... The third most important thing is starting pitching... The 4th most important thing is decent ball park food. The A's have starting pitching that gives them a chance to win... Colon, Parker and Griffin have been a solid 3 for them. Rookies Gray and Straily have held serve and who knows what will come from Anderson but he's shown talent in the past when healthy. Billy Beane keeps making deals for young arms from other organizations and this pipeline is working. The Twins will compete again when the rotation has quality arms... It won't happen when Buxton and Sano show up... It will happen when the Arms can compete and the rest of the team plays along. Radical thinking... I know.

4. Think about the Twins lineup... Ron is shaking things up... Willingham and Plouffe in the 6 and 7... If Willingham doesn't start figuring things out... he will be batting in the 11 spot soon.

5. Think about Darkness... Last night around 3AM... I woke up and remembered that I forgot to do something at work. I needed my blackberry to take care of it and I left the blackberry on the end table in the living room. It was dark and I didn't want to wake my family so I left the lights off and tried to find the end table. It isn't easy finding stuff in total darkness but I'm able to report that my shin found the end table. When I yelled **** after banging my shin. My wife and family woke up. In the end... I guess I could have turned on the light.
    These setups just keep getting better and better. I especially like #2, #3 and #5.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Gardy said the Twins weren't going to let up against the contenders coming up.

When was it that we had our foot down exactly?
    By definition... It means the Twins are not going to play worse.
    "9. Lipstick"

Thats Easy... Christiaan Bernard.
    Close, but no cigar.

Hint, it does have something to do with baseball or should I say a particular team.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    These setups just keep getting better and better. I especially like #2, #3 and #5.
    I didn't like 5 so much but my Son thought it was funny.
    "9. Lipstick"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    GLORM!!!

Where Ya Been?

Now you type -- Ummm right here... I haven't left since April.
    "9. Lipstick"

"Ya gotta have heart,

There is an unwritten commenting policy rule that says no tests during a game.

Somebody throw a baseball at him!

Blog Entries
    ​hammer
    "9. Lipstick"

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 191 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries
    "Ya gotta have heart,

Is it this guy?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast