View Poll Results: The Most Disturbing Thing about the 11-0 Loss

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 11 Runs. Geez!

2 5.56%
  • 4 Errors, the pitchers need some help.

4 11.11%
  • Shut out AGAIN.

8 22.22%
  • No one cares.

15 41.67%
  • 13 Strikeouts

5 13.89%
  • Sewage in Oakland

0 0%
  • Another lost chance for Gardy to win 1000.

0 0%
  • Rally Monkey

2 5.56%

Thread: The Most Disturbing Thing About the Twins 11-0 Loss Last Night?

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 132 Times in 92 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Most Disturbing Thing About the Twins 11-0 Loss Last Night?

It was by all accounts pretty bad. I checked out when the score was 1-0, so I didn't get to witness the carnage first hand. What bothers you the most?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    I voted for "No one cares" even though I'm not sure whether you're referring to the players or the fans. But at this point, I think it's safe to say to the players and the fans are all going through the motions.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The most disturbing thing about last night's game is I actually sat through and watched the whole thing.

There must be something horribly wrong with me.

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If there was an all of the above option, I would pick that.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    I voted for "No one cares" even though I'm not sure whether you're referring to the players or the fans. But at this point, I think it's safe to say to the players and the fans are all going through the motions.
    If you walked into the locker room and said that to the players, you wouldn't be safe at all. Once they put their jocks on and walk on to the field, yesterdays forgotten and it's time to win. Think Crash Davis.

Senior Member Triple-A Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 56 Times in 33 Posts
    We complain about the starting pitching, but the lack of offense is at least as big a problem. A line-up of sub .250 hitters who strike out a lot, ugh.

There's not much reason to believe that is going to right itself overnight any more than the starting pitching will.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 132 Times in 92 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
    We complain about the starting pitching, but the lack of offense is at least as big a problem. A line-up of sub .250 hitters who strike out a lot, ugh.

There's not much reason to believe that is going to right itself overnight any more than the starting pitching will.
    They are missing their best hitter, that hurts a lot. Add a Buxton and Sano in two of the top four spots and the lineup will look better, but that might not be until midseason 2015. Besides being a lineup of sub-.250 hitters, there isn't much speed around to manufacture runs, so they really do have offensive problems at this point.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    They are missing their best hitter, that hurts a lot. Add a Buxton and Sano in two of the top four spots and the lineup will look better, but that might not be until midseason 2015. Besides being a lineup of sub-.250 hitters, there isn't much speed around to manufacture runs, so they really do have offensive problems at this point.
    Maybe you should start a 2nd poll. By that late date, we will probably be well on our way to our 2nd ROY.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I voted for Shut Out AGAIN, though the 4 errors, the 11 runs and the 13 strikeouts were all in the running.

What a horrible performance.

Five unearned runs.

Liked 1,063 Times in 476 Posts
    I went with rally monkey because I couldn't settle on just one of the other choices.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

It is a dismal line-up. No way can you construct it to work, well. nd there is no stopper amongst the 7 choices the Twins have for a starter right now who can at least hold a team to 2-3 runs and give them a chance to win (and only over 6 innings). Plus, the bullpen seems worn out. If such a thing can be.
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howieramone View Post
    If you walked into the locker room and said that to the players, you wouldn't be safe at all. Once they put their jocks on and walk on to the field, yesterdays forgotten and it's time to win. Think Crash Davis.
    Gardy seems to be fine.

The near future for hitting looks far more promising. As mentioned, we're missing Mauer. If Dozier can be more consistently good rather than good month/atrocious month (and he's having the latter in September). Arcia and Pinto look like above average big league hitters and they aren't even the big hopefuls for the near future. So, there's certainly light at the end of the tunnel.

There's a much more gloomy outlook for pitching with only Alex Meyer looking like front of the rotation starter but he hasn't pitched above AA.

It's not hard to picture a strong lineup in the very near future but the rotation is full of holes up and down the organization.

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 341 Times in 194 Posts

This shouldn't be that surprising, many here were chastised for suggesting the preseason predictions of an above average offense were unrealistically optimistic. Its been that way all year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    This shouldn't be that surprising, many here were chastised for suggesting the preseason predictions of an above average offense were unrealistically optimistic. Its been that way all year.
    Totally agreed. Many were predicting Willingham to have a year similar to last, the return of Morneau, Hicks and Parmelee to be better than Revere and Span and Plouffe to be more consistently good. Most disappointing to me were Parmelee and Plouffe as I expected to see steps forward from last year.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Most disturbing part was that I wasn't surprised it could happen....no shock at all that it did...
    Just remember: You put the lime IN the coconut. Only THEN, can you drink it all up.

Liked 56 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    Most disturbing part was that I wasn't surprised it could happen....no shock at all that it did...
    I looked at tonight's score and saw a 1-0 win. Then I put my reading glasses on so I could check the details and saw the 0 was a 9. I think I will stop wearing reading glasses - the world looks better without them.