Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Tuesday Twins Notebook

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Tuesday Twins Notebook

I think it would only be fitting for Gardy to be stuck at 999 at the end of his tenure. So close to a milestone, but not quite there. Just like every season under his management.

If the Twins fire Gardenhire, they are idiots. Someone will hire him in a heartbeat.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 071063 View Post
    If the Twins fire Gardenhire, they are idiots. Someone will hire him in a heartbeat.
    I think Gardenhire is a good baseball man and a good manager. I was on board with him returning last year, but three straight seasons of losing and this year's slide at the end of the season have me accepting that people wear out their welcome. I am now on board if the Twins want to try someone new.

Liked 1,279 Times in 740 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 071063 View Post
    I believe that Gardenhire would be hired in a heartbeat by someone else.

I also believe that his time in Minnesota needs to come to an end.

Sometimes a new voice is just a necessity. It happens with ministers and school superintendents and governors and presidents and CEOs and all kinds of positions.

It doesn't mean that they won't be effective elsewhere just that their effectiveness has diminished in their current job.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think it's fair to also acknowledge that although Morny's offense has been a bit lagging in Pitt, his defense likely saved them at least one game that I know of. The defense can't be overlooked.
    Just remember: You put the lime IN the coconut. Only THEN, can you drink it all up.