Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Article: Available For Order: 2014 Offseason Handbook!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    Is the handbook available? I have tried to download it, after paying, and it says it is not ready yet. Any ideas?

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Is the handbook available? I have tried to download it, after paying, and it says it is not ready yet. Any ideas?
    We're still adding the finishing touches. It will be available later today or early tomorrow at the latest. Apologies for the delay; the TR interview came late so we've had to get it plugged in at the last minute.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    We're still adding the finishing touches. It will be available later today or early tomorrow at the latest. Apologies for the delay; the TR interview came late so we've had to get it plugged in at the last minute.
    I feel like a little boy on Christmas morning...waiting impatiently for the "Batman Batcave." That is still the best gift I have ever recieved, you have your work cut out for you twinscentric

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Will the handbook be availbe tomorrow, if not today?

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    It will be available later today or early tomorrow at the latest. Apologies for the delay.
    I think so.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Those that ordered the Handbook should have received an e-mail tonight with a link to download the e-book.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,215 Times in 725 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just downloaded mine. Woo hoo!

2014 Offseason Handbook

Just received the handbook. Wow!!! Nicely done. My thanks to the Twins Daily crew on a superb product!!!!!

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Look, I like Andrew Albers. I advocated for him to be Kyle Gibson's personal reliever in AAA, but that TR mentions him FIRST as a positive. It is literally the first name he mentions. Oh my god.

Blog Entries
    Dear God. Pinto gets mentioned. And then . . . HE MENTIONS "Fryer" as a positive.

So, I have to wonder. Why is there this unabashed love for this "straight shooter" here? My God. To mention ERIC FRYER should be a fireable offense. I am SORRY for saying that. The status quo is acceptable to the old TwinsCentric crew, but I want to be given a further justification of that given a comment by Terry Ryan about . . . Eric Fryer. Are you kidding me. Is this handbook from The Onion?

Blog Entries
    To clarify: I don't understand this TR interview as anything other than a satire. The rest of the handbook is spot on. I stopped working tonight to look it over.

Blog Entries
    "Bell rung"?

That is still the term used to refer to BRAIN INJURIES?

Blog Entries
    Apparently there are only 12 position players.

Blog Entries
    Pedro Florimon's grade is a C? What? An average WAR between BR and FG as 1.7 and this poor guy gets a C??

What?

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So, Shane, what you are saying is that the Offseason Handbook is a great book for creating debate and discussion among family and friends. It could be printed out, bound together and set on the coffee table for family get-togethers and it could create a lot of discussion!!??

Ryan mentioned a lot of positives, and many of them were surprises. I think that was his point on Albers. As for Fryer, he was impressive in his very small sample with the Twins. He made a strong impression. I don't think he said any more than that about them. In fact, after some signings/trades, it's feasible, if not likely, that they will both be removed from the 40 man roster. But, when asked for positives, it's not hard to come up with several.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 326 Times in 216 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Look, I like Andrew Albers. I advocated for him to be Kyle Gibson's personal reliever in AAA, but that TR mentions him FIRST as a positive. It is literally the first name he mentions. Oh my god.
    Maybe he chose to begin alphabetically?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    So, Shane, what you are saying is that the Offseason Handbook is a great book for creating debate and discussion among family and friends. It could be printed out, bound together and set on the coffee table for family get-togethers and it could create a lot of discussion!!??

Ryan mentioned a lot of positives, and many of them were surprises. I think that was his point on Albers. As for Fryer, he was impressive in his very small sample with the Twins. He made a strong impression. I don't think he said any more than that about them. In fact, after some signings/trades, it's feasible, if not likely, that they will both be removed from the 40 man roster. But, when asked for positives, it's not hard to come up with several.
    Yes it would create a lot of discussion. It's quite good.

Eric Fryer making a strong impression . . . . what on earth is happening here? There is NO defense for mentioning Eric Fryer. He had 13 at bats. And he is terrible as a major leaguer.

I like Albers. I think it is almost completely satirical, however, for a GM to mention Albers and especially Fryer.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 743 Times in 415 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yes it would create a lot of discussion. It's quite good.

Eric Fryer making a strong impression . . . . what on earth is happening here? There is NO defense for mentioning Eric Fryer. He had 13 at bats. And he is terrible as a major leaguer.

I like Albers. I think it is almost completely satirical, however, for a GM to mention Albers and especially Fryer.
    Well, I think you're putting a bit too much stock in those comments... Ryan was firing through names. Should a couple of them not have been included on that list? Sure, but all of us know that when you're stating things off the cuff, you're sometimes going to forget a guy that should have been included and maybe throw on a guy who, if you spent time actually writing down names, shouldn't be on the list.

If you heard the tape, you could hear Ryan mentally spooling through the roster. Should he have passed over Fryer when running through names to list as positives? Sure. Is it a big deal? Nah, I don't think so.

As for Albers, I think Ryan was pretty clear that he was good for only a few starts later in the interview.

Blog Entries
    One comment: where the hell is John's blueprint? Has Gleeman infected him with a fear of commitment to putting out any plan . . . . ?????

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 743 Times in 415 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One comment: where the hell is John's blueprint? Has Gleeman infected him with a fear of commitment to putting out any plan . . . . ?????
    John has been tied up with other projects for the past month. He didn't have much time to dedicate to this year's handbook.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast