Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game 13 - Twins @ Yankees - 4/19/12

Quote Originally Posted by twinzgrl View Post
    Where were the Twins scouts when Curtis Granderson was playing for the Mankato Mashers (now MoonDogs) of the North Woods League a few short years ago?
    I dunno, but Mankato is where most of the Twins pitchers should be....
    Last edited by mhanson93; 04-19-2012 at 07:57 PM.

granderson is killing us. Good thing Doumit is having a nice game to keep things close!

I know it's giving up an out (which we did anyway with the strikeout) - but I think I woulda bunted Valencia to third there after the leadoff double in the 8th...

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJubal View Post
    I know it's giving up an out (which we did anyway with the strikeout) - but I think I woulda bunted Valencia to third there after the leadoff double in the 8th...

Sigh.
    At that point in the game, I agree.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I dunno. Can you rely on Parmalee to lay down a good bunt?

He had 2 doubles in the game, I've got no problem letting him swing away there.

2-13 with RISP, lot's of wasted opportunities. One more clutch hit and they could haven take this series.

Hard to overcome your starter getting shelled almost every night.

Bullpen deserves some props for the last couple of games.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 157 Times in 93 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if I want Parmelee bunting in that situation (or any situation), but it is REALLY disappointing that he didn't move the runner over there. Incidentally, the Twins chances of winning that game dropped 10% with that at bat. It was a huge at bat, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by one_eyed_jack View Post
    Can you rely on Parmalee to lay down a good bunt?
    C'mon - major league ballplayer. Doesn't have to be a GOOD bunt - just a decent bunt.

I hate bunting, I think its ALMOST always the wrong call - but I think I would've there.

Senior Member Triple-A whydidnt's Avatar
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJubal View Post
    C'mon - major league ballplayer. Doesn't have to be a GOOD bunt - just a decent bunt.

I hate bunting, I think its ALMOST always the wrong call - but I think I would've there.
    I agree with both you and John, which doesn't really make sense, but Parmalee was facing Robertson who is really nasty. I think if it had been a lesser pitcher, which is almost every other reliever in the league, I'd want him swinging to try and move the runner over and get on base if possible. But, in this case, I'd have asked for the bunt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12