Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twins Minor League Signings: Offseason '13-14

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Who do you want resigned? My list predicting how you would start with:
    Soliman, Stuifbergen, Hernandez, Goncalves, Morales

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm always fine with any minor league signing, but I'd like to see them bring back Guerra, Richardson, Stuifbergen (when healthy), Hernandez.

Liked 320 Times in 190 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dink is a really good community guy in Rochester and with the potential to be a future coach/manager someplace with the Twins (think Watkins). I think that the Twins will try to sign him.

DeVries, Stuifbergen, Guerra, Soliman, Morales should all be re-signed also. It was not long ago that the last four were top 15 prospects, and they are all relatively young (24 or less.) The 3 pitchers all coming back from injuries. I'd rather see them have another chance than the 30+ never had beens who they sign every year. Morales had a break-through season in Fort Myers and bombed in New Britain. This team is thin in OF talent (believe it or not.) I'd rather see him than Richardson.

DeVries, I think, can help the Twins. Few remember, but before he returned to starting, he was a lights out closer in New Britain. His curve plays really nicely in the pen. I think that he should be fighting for a pen position the spring, if healthy.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

I actually don't see a big demand for any of them. Dinkelman is on his last legs. It would be nice to keep him in the organization as a coach or instructor, if he can't land a job elsewhere. DeVries also won't have people knocking doors, I believe. But ll the others have pretty much worn out their time in the organization. Guerra is coming off an injury year and is the sole (and was considered the prize) of the Santana trade. Would be nice if they could keep him for one more season to see IF... Morales is lost in the outfield shuffle. I thought Bigley was going to be a free agent, too. But looks like he gets another chance. Be interesting to see who the Twins do sign. Former draftees like Heston and Leesman were available for a song during the summer. But see no great losses overall. And will be interesting to see what does happen with Blackburn (heck, Humber got a job with Oakland).
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would certainly try again with DeVries, Guerra, Stuifbergen, Morales, and Soliman. The pitchers all have some potential value in rebound seasons, and three of them were legit prospects. Morales . . . well maybe a second year in AA and he gets his (old) groove back. I am not a fan of tossing away any more damn CFs up in here!

Dinkelman's on-the-field value is in being a super utility guy (good for every minor league team to have one of those). If they have a younger version or can find one, he is replaceable.

Liked 320 Times in 190 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Jason Bartlett is old news by now, but it was also reported that the Twins have re-signed Deolis Guerra (which is good news)
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 309 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post

Dinkelman's on-the-field value is in being a super utility guy (good for every minor league team to have one of those).
    You forgot about Randi Dinkleman.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 111 Times in 67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    Dink is a really good community guy in Rochester and with the potential to be a future coach/manager someplace with the Twins (think Watkins). I think that the Twins will try to sign him.

DeVries, Stuifbergen, Guerra, Soliman, Morales should all be re-signed also. It was not long ago that the last four were top 15 prospects, and they are all relatively young (24 or less.) The 3 pitchers all coming back from injuries. I'd rather see them have another chance than the 30+ never had beens who they sign every year. Morales had a break-through season in Fort Myers and bombed in New Britain. This team is thin in OF talent (believe it or not.) I'd rather see him than Richardson.

DeVries, I think, can help the Twins. Few remember, but before he returned to starting, he was a lights out closer in New Britain. His curve plays really nicely in the pen. I think that he should be fighting for a pen position the spring, if healthy.
    You are correct, I did NOT remember his former success in the pen until you reminded me. Why on Earth don't they ramp him back up to pen duty? He has either failed or been mediocre as a starter. Let's keep that pipeline of fresh young pen aces coming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12