Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Video of Buxton and Rosario in Arizona Fall League

Video of Buxton and Rosario in Arizona Fall League

Pretty rough video, just put it together pretty quick, but take a look. I have Buxton's double and a strike out along with both of Rosario's basehits and a stolen base.

Liked 139 Times in 87 Posts
    Thanks for the video. The double looked like it might be tough to stretch that for two bases for a lot of guys, but it was definitely a solid shot. I hope he keeps that up though.

Rosario seems to be having a good AFL so far. He's only played 2 games though, so small sample size is definitely in effect here.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 377 Times in 199 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great stuff! Video is always the 2nd best thing! Being there in person is pretty great because, as you can see from your video, you can get a great view!

Yea, fall league is incredible. The stadiums and sitelines are great. The seating is awesome. All for $7. Not bad! I guess the seats I was in go for around $45 during spring ball. I was blown away how much nicer the stadium's are than what the minor league park in beloit was like.

Liked 3,166 Times in 1,355 Posts
    I took in two games this weekend, Friday and Saturday nights. Some rrandom thoughts:

Buxton didn't play Friday, but was in the dugout in Scottsdale. He did not play Saturday night either and I'm 99% sure he wasn't in the dugout. Couldn't get an answer from anyone on why.

Rosario played LF both games. Handled routine stuff but got a real late jump on one shallow pop up down the left field line and didnt come close to catching a ball that should have been catchable. He had two singles Friday, no hits Saturday. Only two games, but he looks like a guy who crawled out of the crib and could hit. He's not very big though.

Kepler played 1st Saturday, one hit. He looked pretty comfortable at first but only had two plays that required much skill.

Meyer started Friday night, and he throws HARD. When he was around the plate at all in the first and third innings, he was dominant. In the second inning, he lost his command, got in fastball counts, and got hit fairly hard, including a long HR, a line drive single, a walk and a loud out. He has some work to do I think (again this was just 3 innings) but there is real talent there.

May started Saturday night and it was pretty rough. He threw 47 pitches in two innings and faced 11 hitters. He started the night with a called strike, then followed it up with 10 straight balls, most of them not close. On a 2-0 count to the third hitter, he finally threw a strike...which ended up over the 380 sign in left center. He got through his 2 innings with no more runs, but had real issues with almost every hitter.

Fantastic watching these games. They use the spring training facilities which are awesome. Glendale's new stadium (LAD and CWS) is absolutely gorgeous. You can sit anywhere you want for $7. The only problem is the weather...it's fall here and the temps dipped down into the low 70s. Blanket weather. Brrrrrrrrrrr.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pretty silly how easy he [Buxton] made a Double to left look.

Yeah, disappointed he hasn't played in half the games. Played in the first 5, but not the last 5.
    Last edited by twinsfan34; 10-20-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 50 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsfan34 View Post
    Pretty silly how easy he [Buxton] made a Double to left look.

Yeah, disappointed he hasn't played in half the games. Played in the first 5, but not the last 5.
    He played every other game mostly but missed these past two. Not sure what you meant be first 5 and last 5.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Byron Buxton (Twins) has been held out of the Glendale lineup since last appearing on Wednesday due to a left shoulder strain; his status for the remainder of the fall season has not yet been announced.