Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Lurkers and rookies please post here

Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chzdanish View Post
    Long time lurker here, dating back to when I had to lurk at multiple blogs instead of just one now (though Gleeman is still making me work).

I registered because I'm going to be back in town this weekend and I'm thinking of stopping by the Home Run Happy hour so it's probably appropriate to at least register and comment on the site.

I've always enjoyed the writing here and look forward to keeping up with more of it.
    Welcome, rookie. It's good to have you on board.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernMiss twins fan View Post
    Hi, everybody just signed up here the other day and love it. I grew up a braves fan and I must say I've been extremely impressed by the knowledge and passion of the game twins fans have. Been following the twins since Doz was drafted a few years ago and now I'm a diehard . A lot of twins and Viking fans down here in south Ms. This site is awesome! Love all the minor league reports on here. I think the future is bright and our farm system is loaded. Really hope we can get hot after the break once Mauer is back and make a run at this thing. Anyways look forward to talking twins bball with everybody.
    Welcome rookie. I grew up in Memphis and have fond memories of Mississippi.

Thanks glunn , it's a great place . I hope to get up to the twin cities and take in a game before the seasons up. We have a lot of minor league teams close by but unfortunately our twins don't play them ever. Would love to see our future in action too

4. This user likes SouthernMiss twins fan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-13-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernMiss twins fan View Post
    Thanks glunn , it's a great place . I hope to get up to the twin cities and take in a game before the seasons up. We have a lot of minor league teams close by but unfortunately our twins don't play them ever. Would love to see our future in action too
    I hope that you make it. Do you ever make it to Elizabethton?

What a lifetime memory!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by best game in the world View Post
    It was a wonderful evening in 1987, my best friend Mark and I had been wondering the streets of Minneapolis for hours, there were hundreds of folks seemingly in the same situation as ours. We saw signs, people dressed in costumes, yelling catchy and witty lines to everyone they passed. Mark and I talked of Hrbek launching another miracle homerun in the 9th. Seeing Bert close down the Royals at the dome on that magical Sunday. All tolled we had made over 40 games that season, what a fantastic night. We dodged cars, ticked off crossing guards, I suppose we could have walked 10 miles, the entire season was recounted. Beating the Tigers and talking our parents into letting us go to congratulate our heros at the Dome with fifty thousand of our closest friends... The game was about to start and it was time to call my Mom and have her come and pick us up, still no tickets. We were making our way to the Twins ticket office area to use the pay phone. " You boys need tickets?" a man dressed in a suit asked. No sooner had he asked, at least 10 people swarmed around him. He told all the other folks to get lost, and asked again "You boys need tickets right?" I mumbled something and he understood it to be a yes. He hands 2 tickets to us, section 114. Mark asks "how much"? The man looks puzzled, pauses and says it "dosen't matter" and disappears in the crowd.

That man, Bob Allison.

7. This user likes spanman2's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-22-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spanman2 View Post
    What a lifetime memory!!!!!
    That was one of my favorite posts of all time.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314