Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Lurkers and rookies please post here

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Welcome, 'bama! Hope you've abandoned your Yankee ways ...
    Thanks CTTF... the wife and I took in a Twins game in your Windy City around Labor Day a couple years ago. Wonder if you were there?

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,904 Times in 1,113 Posts
    If I wasn't traveling I probably was! I tend to avoid the cold games in April, though!

long time lurker...is there usually a significant delay when replying to articles?
    "All science is either physics or stamp collecting" -Ernest Rutherford

Liked 1,261 Times in 731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dl3mk3 View Post
    long time lurker...is there usually a significant delay when replying to articles?
    It varies. Monday mornings are often slow. While there is a fair amount of posting on some ongoing threads, it often takes a while for people to have an opportunity to read, digest and respond to new articles.

Take, for example, Brad Swanson's article posted this morning. Brad has a number of faithful followers but it often takes most of a day before people start responding even though he always has a lot of humor and interesting thoughts.

Liked 714 Times in 378 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome lurker. It's good to have you on board.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaBamaHamma View Post
    New to the forum and someone told me to post here and tell a bit about myself. Well... from my user name, I guess you can tell I'm a big fan of Willingham and have become a Twins fan over the last 3 years he's been here. I'm from his hometown and know him and his family pretty good and know that he really likes playing for the Twins and has a lot of optimism this year for the team's capability. I'm a former Yankees fan growing up with Mantle as my hero. (yeah.. I know, I'm old ). With the way Doz.. Pluff.. Waldo.. Esco.. and Hammer are swinging right now and if Santana can get hot again, we have the potential to put some runs on the board. Need one more solid pitcher and a decent CF and I may not see Josh back home in Alabama at the end of Sept. That would be great! Go Twins!
    Welcome. Good comments!

I have a son who is at the U of A law school. I am glad to have you be part of TD.

7. This user likes glunn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ThaBamaHamma (06-10-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 800 Times in 503 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes the system flags posts as spam as well and requires moderator approval. This is typically true with new users. We keep an eye out for them, but it can take a while.

I just signed up, a lifelong twins fan, I got to see a lot of big twins games over the years, at the Met, at the dome I loved (comfort) and our beautiful new stadium. Been following all the gripes about Hicks....sounds just like what Carlos Gomez went through, we gave up on him too early too, just like Papi, and some of the pitchers we shipped out after "giving up on them" and watching their great careers elsewhere. I think we have a serious management problem here!!!!

10. These 2 users like longtimefan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (06-13-2014), Tibs (07-09-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,265 Times in 677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    I just signed up, a lifelong twins fan, I got to see a lot of big twins games over the years, at the Met, at the dome I loved (comfort) and our beautiful new stadium. Been following all the gripes about Hicks....sounds just like what Carlos Gomez went through, we gave up on him too early too, just like Papi, and some of the pitchers we shipped out after "giving up on them" and watching their great careers elsewhere. I think we have a serious management problem here!!!!
    Welcome to the site, hope to hear more from you. There are more than enough opportunities in the forums to discuss Hicks, that's for sure.

Liked 1,261 Times in 731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Welcome to the board and hope to see you post more often!

I'm very tired of Twins management as well and really feel like they need an infusion of new blood (or perhaps a full blood transfusion).

But since life is fleeting, I'm also just trying to enjoy the team this summer. Taking it game by game and hoping that old management is just awaiting a return to respectability before a changing of the guard.

Please don't mistake what I said, I LOVE watching the twins, but things like, at times, thinking what a difference it would have made to have had the Big Papi on our team WOW. VERY poor management decision?? Look at some of the "plug in" players we have signed over the years, Hardy, Winfield etc. use them for q few months, let them go, they sign elsewhere and have YEARS of great productivity!!! I think my greatest thrill as a Twins fan (outside of the 2 series wins of course) was watching Harmon hit the home run off of Sandy Kofax in the '65 world series at the old met!! One of our greatest against possible the best pitcher of all time!! Go twins, great win last night, hope Deduno is on tonight, a sweep of detroit would really get the "rush" going!!

14. These 2 users like longtimefan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (06-14-2014), Willihammer (06-14-2014)

Hello everybody! I've been a long time lurker here-- a regular reader of the forums for at least a couple years-- and I'm glad I finally registered. I've been very impressed with the high quality of the discussions, and I've been blown away by how knowledgeable the posters are. I hope I can make a few positive contributions.
    Though I was raised in southeastern Wisconsin (thus the moniker) and began life as a Milwaukee Braves fan, I've lived in the Twin Cities since 1971, and I became a Twins fan shortly after I arrived. One of my earliest and fondest memories of the Twins was watching Rod Carew singlehandedly destroy the Milwaukee Brewers one warm, sunny summer afternoon at the Met. I don't know if I've ever seen as great a batting performance in person. My biggest disappointment was not going to games 6 and 7 of the 1991 World Series. A friend had tickets and asked me to go along, and I stayed home to watch on TV. What a fool!
    I finally registered after following TD in the lead up to this year's MLB Draft. I read the various opinions about who the Twins should select and kept thinking "I should be in on this." By the way, if I were GM, I would have taken Jackson, but I'm hoping Gordon proves me wrong. I've really been excited about the Twins return to respectability this year after three years of wandering in the desert. I certainly wouldn't have predicted Phil Hughes would have the start he's had. And, I'm excited about all the top prospects the Twins have in their farm system. Go Twins!

16. These 5 users like SheboyganBrats's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (06-14-2014), JB_Iowa (06-14-2014), snepp (06-15-2014), Tibs (07-09-2014), Willihammer (06-14-2014)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,581 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard! Great to see new posters jump in and contribute. That's what makes this forum so great.

Hi,
    I am a long-time reader and expect to be an occasional contributor. I loved the the old TwinsGeek, SethSpeaks, and Aaron Gleeman sites, along with Parker, Nelson and whoever else I'm forgetting. And Batgirl (may her site twinkle in heaven). I have been a Twins fan since the Washington club announced its move to Minnesota. Thanks to my Dad, i got to the Met to watch Pasqual beat the Yankees, and Oliva in his rookie season. I recall the twi-night double headers. Killebrew, all of them, later Rod Carew and his magnificent 1977 season (there was some magic in all of his seasons). Over all the years I think began to learn how to be a good fan. I smile when I read some of the posts here, by 20-somethings passionately attacking the FO, and crying "How long must I wait?" Cubs fans are some of the best fans on the planet. The answer they'll give would not be encouraging to those who feel entitled to deep playoff runs and WS championships year after year. The truth is, those are gifts to be cherished. In my view each season is rather a marvelous unfolding - the ups and downs, the unexpected performances, the great plays, the heartbreak and the redemption. Its all there. If a person can't find the little gems sprinkled all over, then maybe they are just a result junky. I recall the game in which the Twins turned two triple plays -- was that ever cool. They lost that game, but seriously, they turned two triple plays! Its fine I think for Vikings fans to jump on and off the bandwagon depending on wins and whatnot. But I find baseball infinitely more enjoyable if I stay on the wagon. I'm not a party-line guy concerning the FO and management, but I do recognize the sense of stability that winning franchises have.

Anywhoo, that's my intro song and dance.
    Last edited by TMitchell; 07-07-2014 at 10:01 PM.

19. These 3 users like TMitchell's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (07-08-2014), glunn (07-09-2014), Tibs (07-09-2014)

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 364 Times in 192 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing!! Glad you wrote!! Always fun to learn more about our readers.

21. These 2 users like Seth Stohs's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-09-2014), TMitchell (07-08-2014)

Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Quote Originally Posted by TMitchell View Post
    Anywhoo, that's my intro song and dance.
    And what a great song and dance it was! Welcome, and please post as often as you like. A little dose of perspective is always good to add to the balance. Thank you!

23. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (07-09-2014)

Blog Entries
    Excellent first post, Mitchell. Welcome to TD and I hope to see more from you.

Long time lurker here, dating back to when I had to lurk at multiple blogs instead of just one now (though Gleeman is still making me work).

I registered because I'm going to be back in town this weekend and I'm thinking of stopping by the Home Run Happy hour so it's probably appropriate to at least register and comment on the site.

I've always enjoyed the writing here and look forward to keeping up with more of it.

26. These 4 users like chzdanish's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (07-11-2014), ChiTownTwinsFan (07-11-2014), glunn (07-11-2014), JB_Iowa (07-10-2014)

Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Quote Originally Posted by chzdanish View Post
    Long time lurker here, dating back to when I had to lurk at multiple blogs instead of just one now (though Gleeman is still making me work).

I registered because I'm going to be back in town this weekend and I'm thinking of stopping by the Home Run Happy hour so it's probably appropriate to at least register and comment on the site.

I've always enjoyed the writing here and look forward to keeping up with more of it.
    Welcome ... feel free to jump in and post any time. And I like your user name ... literally.

Hi, everybody just signed up here the other day and love it. I grew up a braves fan and I must say I've been extremely impressed by the knowledge and passion of the game twins fans have. Been following the twins since Doz was drafted a few years ago and now I'm a diehard . A lot of twins and Viking fans down here in south Ms. This site is awesome! Love all the minor league reports on here. I think the future is bright and our farm system is loaded. Really hope we can get hot after the break once Mauer is back and make a run at this thing. Anyways look forward to talking twins bball with everybody.

29. These 4 users like SouthernMiss twins fan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (07-11-2014), ChiTownTwinsFan (07-11-2014), JB_Iowa (07-11-2014), stringer bell (07-11-2014)

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast