Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Minnesota Twins Top 50 Prospects: 21-25

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madre Dos View Post
    Jorge has amazing velocity for 6'3" and 168#. They call him 6:00 because he is so tall and thin. I tried all summer to turn him into 6:15 without success. He is a great kid and his English got good enough this summer to be able to understand humor in English. I can't wait to see him in March.

6 o'clock - - hilarious...i am going to use that one.
    Thanks for the interesting tid-bits!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    These five guys (Seth's 21-25) could all be major big-league contributors some day. At least, the potential is there for them.

And if the Twins 21-25 are loaded with that much potential....well geez. We should be good soon

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What's wrong with Zack Jones in the AFL? I know, small sample size, but he's been pretty bad. Any idea what's up there?

Liked 204 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't read into it any more than Small Sample Size... That said, if you look at his walk rate during the season in Ft. Myers and his walk rate in just 5 innings in the AFL, you might find what his biggest issue is, certainly the reason he wasn't promoted to New Britain during the season.

He'll be fine.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    agreed, Zach Jones is still really young, and even if he walks 4 per nine in the bigs...he will be an effective 1-inning guy.

Waiting impatiently for 16-20. What's the ETA on them?

Liked 204 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by orangevening View Post
    Waiting impatiently for 16-20. What's the ETA on them?
    late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

How did we get our 24th best prospect for Butera? was he ever considered this high of a prospect?

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cschwagler View Post
    How did we get our 24th best prospect for Butera? was he ever considered this high of a prospect?
    The Dodgers are a team willing to do such a thing. There are teams like that. I think that trade is indicative of what is possible out there.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    You guys do realize that, as a short lefty with a sore shoulder in low-A ball, he has about 1% chance of ever having a significant major league career? Would you rather find $100 bill on the sidewalk or a PowerBall ticket? And if you find a PowerBall ticket and I only find the $100 bill are you also going to dance and wave it in my face? What about the second time around?

This ended up coming out wrong, but what I really wanted to say is that you may not always want to trade for the longshot, high upside guy... either based upon situation (e.g. when you don't have a defensive-minded catcher on your staff of Cy Young hopefuls as LA did) or need (e.g. you need a guy who can give you some innings in the Majors right away).

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 314 Times in 186 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think in this situation, the fact that you could get a longshot high upside guy for Butera is astounding. I was shocked they got something other than a bucket of baseballs.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 74 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cschwagler View Post
    Because Ryan said so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12