Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Transitioning from Recovery to Rehabilitation

Article: Transitioning from Recovery to Rehabilitation

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 567 Times in 371 Posts
    Good luck. My experience over the last four months would indicate that you will have plateaus and times when it seems nothing is happening. But it is. Just keep at it. Therapy works.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,948 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Since you are an athlete I know you don't have to be told to do you exercises, but stay faithful to it. I've been through PT a couple of times (shoulder and elbow) but never for anything as involved as what you are doing. But the PT is what makes it all work again, properly. Good luck with everything; have enjoyed reading your 'step by step' through all of this.

Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Liked 219 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    AJ,

I appreciate your candor, and the opportunity to cheer you on through your recovery. Indeed, the difference between your left and right forearm was the scariest thing I saw on Halloween! Still, I know you can recover. Our family is cheering you on. My wife, the physical therapist, has worked with many athletes who come back to achieve great things, you will too. And my boys still remember that nice guy who talked with them outside the Rock Cats locker room. Thanks for allowing us to follow your amazing story.

Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Good luck. My experience over the last four months would indicate that you will have plateaus and times when it seems nothing is happening. But it is. Just keep at it. Therapy works.
    Thanks for the encouragement. You are spot on with your words. It's crazy to think I was playing in games less than two months ago and now I'm confined to such small movements. I am already noticing progress.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Since you are an athlete I know you don't have to be told to do you exercises, but stay faithful to it. I've been through PT a couple of times (shoulder and elbow) but never for anything as involved as what you are doing. But the PT is what makes it all work again, properly. Good luck with everything; have enjoyed reading your 'step by step' through all of this.
    Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying these updates. The PT is vital and I can tell already. Getting range of motion back will be really important in my continued recovery. I hope yours went well!

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Feed the Greed Guy View Post
    AJ,

I appreciate your candor, and the opportunity to cheer you on through your recovery. Indeed, the difference between your left and right forearm was the scariest thing I saw on Halloween! Still, I know you can recover. Our family is cheering you on. My wife, the physical therapist, has worked with many athletes who come back to achieve great things, you will too. And my boys still remember that nice guy who talked with them outside the Rock Cats locker room. Thanks for allowing us to follow your amazing story.
    Thank you for cheering me on, I'm honored that you and your family are thinking of me. It feels nice to be moving towards playing again. I hope you are well, I enjoyed meeting you!

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 567 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AJPettersen View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement. You are spot on with your words. It's crazy to think I was playing in games less than two months ago and now I'm confined to such small movements. I am already noticing progress.
    It is crazy, one minute you are an athlete (or like me, riding a bike), and the next you are just trying to do the simplest things. But man, it's kind of fun when you hit your interim goals on the way to health. Thanks for continuing to share your experience.
    Lighten up Francis....