Thread: Free Agent Pitchers Linked to the Twins

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts

Free Agent Pitchers Linked to the Twins

I'm sure once rumors start getting hot and heavy individual free agents will get their own thread, but I thought I'd make a one in the interim where we can list which pitchers have been linked to the team and who is the source.

Most years we don't seem to have this luxery as there were few links but mostly just speculation. Maybe things ARE different this year, free agency is just underway and we have reports of the Twins checking in on several arms.

Darren Wolfson says the Twins have formally expressed interest in Ervin Santana: https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/st...22664212877312

La Velle E Neal also reports that the Twins have checked in with agents regarding Johan Santana, Dan Haren, Ricky Nolasco and Scott Feldman: Could Johan return to the Twins? Don't count it out | Star Tribune

Mike Berardino says he has a source that has advised him the Twins have reached out to Bronson Arroyo though an offer has yet to be made and he states another source says the Twins are interested in Phil Hughes and Jason Vargas: Twins interested in Bronson Arroyo, Phil Hughes, Jason Vargas - TwinCities.com

That's eight names, all bigger than last year's top pick up.
    Last edited by nicksaviking; 11-07-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Wolfson also tweeted the Twins have called on Johan Santana and also Scott Kazmir: https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/st...07843137507328

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 309 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The names certainly are encouraging.