Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Article: Sano, Buxton Shut Down

  1. #1
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,496
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    66
    Liked 369 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515

    Article: Sano, Buxton Shut Down


  2. #2
    Senior Member Triple-A B Richard's Avatar
    Posts
    486
    Like
    14
    Liked 42 Times in 30 Posts
    Really puts a damper on the night. Hearing that anybody on your team met with James Andrews really puts a knot in your stomach. Just goes to show you that full season+ can be very demanding. Hope these guys can rest up over the winter and come back strong.

  3. #3
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,669
    Like
    2,651
    Liked 3,281 Times in 1,747 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Puts a damper on my trip down to Phoenix this weekend, as well.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Posts
    782
    Like
    38
    Liked 109 Times in 69 Posts
    ****!

  5. #5
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,496
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    66
    Liked 369 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Puts a damper on my trip down to Phoenix this weekend, as well.
    On Buxton, it did say "MAY", so maybe he'll play... but with just one week left, I'm not certain it makes sense to bring him back. You still can see Kepler and Rosario... and maybe Meyer, May, Jones or Achter!

  6. #6
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,496
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    66
    Liked 369 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    I've had a couple of conversations with people who know a lot about this. A few comments are that with what Sano has, it's not even a big deal. Resting will do the trick. In fact, for position players, it's not even a big deal. So, this shouldn't be a big deal long term, or by Spring Training.

  7. #7
    Ok. Your scareing me Seth. I want to see Sano next year at some point.

  8. #8
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,669
    Like
    2,651
    Liked 3,281 Times in 1,747 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    On Buxton, it did say "MAY", so maybe he'll play... but with just one week left, I'm not certain it makes sense to bring him back. You still can see Kepler and Rosario... and maybe Meyer, May, Jones or Achter!
    Oh yeah, definitely worth the trip. I was just echoing the comment by B Richard.

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,985
    Like
    4
    Liked 122 Times in 88 Posts
    Blog Entries
    66
    This is not like an ACL. Anyway, it does call for Deibinson Romero to be part of the picture initially in 2014.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    This is not like an ACL. Anyway, it does call for Deibinson Romero to be part of the picture initially in 2014.
    What was the deal with Romero? Seemed like he was on verge of getting called up in May/June then he just disappeared or went into the organization's doghouse

  11. #11
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,496
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    66
    Liked 369 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    I think Gardy mentioned Romero on the radio or something. He was on a hot streak. People kind of ran with it. He's maybe replacement level with pop in his bat.

    He's not in a doghouse.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    991
    Like
    195
    Liked 221 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I've had a couple of conversations with people who know a lot about this. A few comments are that with what Sano has, it's not even a big deal. Resting will do the trick. In fact, for position players, it's not even a big deal. So, this shouldn't be a big deal long term, or by Spring Training.
    Rest and rehab always does the trick.

  13. #13
    Senior Member All-Star Thrylos's Avatar
    Posts
    4,167
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Like
    36
    Liked 444 Times in 271 Posts
    Blog Entries
    200
    This takes care of all your top 4 prospects

    Hope Eddie Rosario is watching his back

  14. #14
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    127
    Like
    0
    Liked 35 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    What's to worry about. The Twins medical staff is on top of this..... Oh wait.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    126
    Like
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I think Gardy mentioned Romero on the radio or something. He was on a hot streak. People kind of ran with it. He's maybe replacement level with pop in his bat.
    How is Romero's defense at 3B?

  16. #16
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,496
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    66
    Liked 369 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    How is Romero's defense at 3B?
    I'm told it's not very good at all.

  17. #17
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,669
    Like
    2,651
    Liked 3,281 Times in 1,747 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Twins Cap View Post
    What's to worry about. The Twins medical staff is on top of this..... Oh wait.
    34593873.jpg

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Puts a damper on my trip down to Phoenix this weekend, as well.
    Yeah, now you'll just have to get drunk with Mark Grace. At least he'll drive.
    Better looking with the lights out.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Posts
    584
    Like
    25
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Twins Cap View Post
    What's to worry about. The Twins medical staff is on top of this..... Oh wait.
    Did someone mention the Twins Medical Staff??

    Last edited by Highabove; 11-08-2013 at 03:12 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.