Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: Minnesota Twins Top 50 Prospects: 1-5

Senior Member Big-Leaguer 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Larkin Fan Club View Post
    I know it's a bit sketchy to mess with a guy who just had a breakthrough season, but given our second base depth, is it impossible to think that Dozier could get another chance at short? I know it's unlikely, but does anyone think it's possible?
    I do. I just don't think Dozier's rookie campaign is going to mean much to his long-term abilities at any position. Granted he wasn't very good in 2012. But he was excellent in 2013 (or at least the second half), he looked so much more relaxed, he didn't take his at bats into the field, and knew that he belonged. That will work wonders for you, whether you're at 2B or SS.

In any case, I think it might happen, not necessarily because of Rosario being better than Dozier but because Florimon's bat might open up a spot at short.

Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 116 Times in 69 Posts
    That number three guy goes five and a third, gives up a hit, a walk, and strikes out seven in the AFL on Friday.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 341 Times in 226 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    That number three guy goes five and a third, gives up a hit, a walk, and strikes out seven in the AFL on Friday.
    Actually 5 and 2/3- pretty clean score sheet- and almost a 2 to 1 ratio on strikes to balls, very encouraging while hitting his typical high velocity numbers. (AJ Acther also pitched 1 and 1/3 innings of scoreless relief with one K.)

Glendale Desert Dogs
    Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
    Alex Meyer 5.2 1 0 0 1 7 0 2.74

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 341 Times in 226 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    2015 can't come fast enough:

Buxton CF
    Rosario LF/2B
    Mauer DH/C/1B
    Sano 3B
    Arcia 1B/RF
    Dozier 2B/OF
    Pinto C/DH
    Santana SS
    Hicks RF/LF

man....
    I like the lineup, but I think Arcia is going to end up getting a lot of time at DH when it's all said and done.

Dozier might also get another shot at SS to open up a spot for Rosario.

Sano's elbow situation also might end up precluding him from being anything other than 1B/DH over the mid-term especially if he doesn't respond to rehab and has to undergo surgery.

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    UCL injuries for hitters are not the ordeal that they are for pitchers. Not to mention that it was just a strain. I think this is a situation where resting it is probably the right choice.

Liked 207 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    UCL injuries for hitters are not the ordeal that they are for pitchers. Not to mention that it was just a strain. I think this is a situation where resting it is probably the right choice.
    Absolutely correct.

Like this lineup!

I'm glad everybody is giving Dozier his due and keeping him as our 2b!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123