Thread: Article: Wille's Way: 2014 Minnesota Twins Offseason Blueprint

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Wille's Way: 2014 Minnesota Twins Offseason Blueprint

You can view the article by clicking here: http://twinsdaily.com/entry.php?b=4616

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Any initial thoughts on my article? Would love to generate some discussion! Thanks for your input!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Good write-up, but I think you are under-selling Trumbo and Samardzija, well at least in the eyes of the rest of the league. I think Trumbo is overrated, he has really nice power, but he can't get on base. That being said, the Pirates, Braves and Red Sox have all shown deep interest in the guy over the last couple of years and I don't think a guy in Low A ball who isn't even a top ten organizational prospect will be anywhere close to getting him.

I also don't think that package gets Samardzija. I currently think he is also overrated, though he has the tools for a Scherzer-like break out. Arcia is a good anchor for a trade but probably not quite the prospect to get a pitcher like Samardzija. Duensing may have some value after a nice season but he is after all only a LOOGY. I would think Worely's value is nearly zero at this time. AZ has been rumored to be in on Samardzija and while they won't trade Archie Bradley, the idea was that they would have to include Tyler Skaggs. That would likely mean the Twins would have to include Alex Meyer and that's a no-go in my book.

Edit: After re-reading your post I see you weren't suggesting a Harrison/Trumbo swap straight up. Gibson and Burton being included likely would be what the Angels are looking for. I still wouldn't be interested. Trumbo is going to be a frustratingly inconsistant player. I'm not interested in giving up on Gibson for a guy who has trouble getting on base at a .300 rate.
    Last edited by nicksaviking; 11-11-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    I like the pitcher from the loveable losers, but wouldn't give up a guy who is going to hit 25 HR's. Let King Theo choose from our 5-15 prospects and start there. No way the Twins would trade Gibson. If they could pick up another Gibson clone or 2, they would do it in a heartbeat. Like Theo recently said, there is no free agency for young players.
    Last edited by howieramone; 11-11-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 341 Times in 194 Posts
    It's aggressive for sure, I think Trumbo would fit well in Target Field. My biggest beef is tht right now moving Arcia doesn't jive well with peak value. The day may come to move him, but I don't think now is opportune.