Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Traveling in the Midwest League: South Bend

Article: Traveling in the Midwest League: South Bend

Awesome stories man! Thanks for giving us insight into minor league life! I'm in college now so I definitely can relate to the time management tidbit. Good luck with your next couple of games!

Senior Member Triple-A maxisagod's Avatar
    Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    I was at the Saturday game and I caught the game in West Michigan today too. I it was a cold, but fun games to watch. Eddie Rosario's bat is starting to heat up again. I was bummed I didn't get to see you play, your teams has so many middle infielders it must be hard to give everyone playing time.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Tommy Watkins had such an interesting career... he's one of the best reasons that fans should follow minor league baseball. Late-round draft pick, spent pretty much two years at every levels. Fans and teammates absolutely love him. Gets to AAA and thanks to some injuries, he got that cup of coffee... and forever, he can be called "Big Leaguer." He also hit like .357 in his 9 or so games, and would have kept starting at 3B likely if not for his own injury. Great stories!

Great stories--I like the intimacy of minor league parks--so I can relate to the fans heckling...but I would never do that !!!???!!!

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ooops . . . well the next time you go to South Bend, there is a cafe called Chicory Cafe about a block from LaPeep (a block south toward the stadium) that is very good. It's French Quarter style . . .

Senior Member Triple-A TwinsGuy55422's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Interesting post. I like hearing about the daily life of minor leaguers. They certainly don't cater to you guys like they do the big leaguers. Good luck on the rest of your season!

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Did you encounter the infamous "Clinton Whore" during your Clinton trip?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hate to tell you this, AJ, but some of those same morons heckling you...some of them actually vote, in elections. How's that for a horrible thought?

Senior Member Triple-A TwinsGuy55422's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think if you are going to heckle you should at least have some intelligent material prepared ahead time. The whole "you suck" thing just makes you look like a moron.