Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to get Tanaka, wouldja?...

It appears the deal is set, worst winning percentage is the determining factor if multiple teams hit the 20 million limit.

I have also seen reports where the players chooses which team(s) he will negotiate with (1).

If that is the case, and all teams that negotiate with the player must pay the posting, it does make the 20MM make more sense. If 8 teams bid the maximum and all negotiate with the player, the NPB team gets $160MM, over a $100MM more than what either team got Darvish or Dice-k.

Anyways, I really hope the Twins get on the bidding and negotiations along with locking in a long term contract.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...-bidding-limit

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    To me it sounds like the Draft order , the team with the worst record gets 1st dibs if more then 1 team bids the max. While I think he could slip by Miami and Huston , I dont see the Cubs or the Sox letting him pass. If he does land at our feet then for 20 million and something close to 75 million/5 we could add him,but I think our chances of him dropping to us is 0.001%

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    To me it sounds like the Draft order , the team with the worst record gets 1st dibs if more then 1 team bids the max. While I think he could slip by Miami and Huston , I dont see the Cubs or the Sox letting him pass. If he does land at our feet then for 20 million and something close to 75 million/5 we could add him,but I think our chances of him dropping to us is 0.001%
    Wow was I wrong , looks like the rich get richer

Its all pretty ridiculous to me. $20 million just to negotiate? And you're out that money if you dont sign him? No thanks.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 70 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta Shearing View Post
    Its all pretty ridiculous to me. $20 million just to negotiate? And you're out that money if you dont sign him? No thanks.
    You get the money back if you don't sign him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123