Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Beresford

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Wonder who will hit the next XBH......Beresford or someone on this board that gets drafted on Monday.
    Yeah, double AND a triple Friday night... guess we've put that question to rest!
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

James Beresford Trivia

Besides performing well to date, he also has his folks coming out in late June, early July and he ahas a knack for performing well whenever they get the opportunity to see him live in action.

And for some more trivia..... James and his older brother Simon both palyed for Beloit although sevearla years apart. James obvously as a Twins player and Simon when Beloit was part of the Brewers affiliates.

Also like to confirm that James is a great young man from a great family with a determination to succeed.

Blog Entries
    James continues to be among the Rock Cats leading hitters, sporting a .286 batting average going in to Saturday night's game. He's also continued to make the plays in the field, still with only two errors (both on throws) on the year.

I received an audio clip of a pre-game interview that Jeff Dooley did with James recently. I've been trying to figure out how to imbed it in to this post, but haven't had much luck yet. I'll keep trying!
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 364 Times in 192 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The greatest value of Beresford. Tonight, he committed his third error of the year. Consider he has been playing most every day at SS And 2B, and has just 3 errors in half of a season. The man can flat-out pick it!

After a long road trip, a double header and an extra innings game it was good to see James back in the mix tonight even though another loss for Rock Cats. From 4 at bats he had 2 outfield hits and 2 outfield flys but as usual he showed his fielding skills with 2 outs in 2 double plays and had a further 6 assists. May not have power yet but has good contact and will never let you down in the field.

Blog Entries
    It's been over a week since we checked in with James and it hasn't been a particularly enjoyable week for Mr. Beresford. He'd been riding a pretty good streak of productivity, but going back to June 16, he's had just 4 hits in 22 ABs, with 4 walks and 3 Ks over that stretch. He also committed a couple of errors over that period, one on a throw and the other a fielding error.

James isn't in the Rock Cats' line up this afternoon so let's hope getting a day off will help him right the ship!

Blog Entries
    I've been a bit preoccupied with work lately and haven't done a good job of keeping up with my blogging responsibilities, either at Knuckleballsblog.com or here. When I've checked in on James, he's been continuing to hit at about his season average (in the .270s), which coincidentally is pretty close to his career average since joining the Twins organization.

On this, the evening of the Eastern League All Star Game, instead of posting another entry consisting of James' current stats (which have been pretty consistent for a couple of months now), let me invite you all to check out the link below. It will take you to an article about James authored by Heather Cavaliere and posted on the Rock Cats' website a bit over a week ago.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...=.jsp&sid=t538

Blog Entries
    I continue to be a bit delinquent in checking in on James, but with the addition of another middle infielder to the organization as part of the Liriano trade, I thought now would be a good time to find out how he's been doing. It's not exactly pretty, at least on the offensive side. James' batting average has dropped to .255 and his OPS is down to .614. He needs to pick things back up again and finish the season strong to leave a positive impression on the organization heading in to the off-season. On the defensive side, however, he's continued to do an excellent job. He's always had good range, but committing just five errors on the entire season, so far, while playing both 2B and SS, is exceptional. Now let's get that bat going again!

Blog Entries
    Wow, I really didn't realize it had been so long since I checked in on James!

The good news is that Beresford is kicking things up a notch just as the Rock Cats are trying to scratch their way in to the Eastern League playoffs. As of this morning, it looks like the Cats are one game behind Reading for the wild card spot with about a week and a half to go.

Over his past 10 games, James is hitting .303, with a .343 on-base percentage and his five doubles over that stretch has his slugging percentage up to .455. I realize a .797 OPS wouldn't exactly make him a candidate for slugger of the year, but it's over 150 points higher than his season OPS, which means he appears to finally be finding some gaps just as his team is trying to grab that final playoff spot.

Perhaps more importantly, at least from a personal career standpoint, a strong finish will hopefully leave an impression on the Twins as they consider his role within the organization for 2013 and beyond.

Best of luck to James and his Rock Cats team mates as they sprint toward the season's finish line.

Blog Entries
    James and his team mates came up one game short of qualifying for the Eastern League playoffs. Beresford himself wrapped up the season on a high note, going 7 for 9 in the final two games, lifting his batting average to .266 for the season.

I assume James will be playing in Australia this winter and we'll look forward to seeing where he starts 2013.

Thanks Jim for 'adopting' James this season , you have given an 'old' coach (both in age and history of James' baseball) many pleasures reading your comments in the mornings here on the other side of the world whilst you guys are off to bed. Well done James, very proud of you mate, hope to see you summer down under.

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear James has re-signed with the Twins! He had enough time in to be a minor league free agent, but has a new contract with the Twins, complete with his first invite to Major League Spring Training with the big club!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12