Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Future of Twins Daily

Member Single-A
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    i love this site and am very thankful to all the people that make it possible. Living in southern Cal there is no other site on earth where i can get my daily Twins fix with a click of my mouse. Keep up the good work gentlemen & Happy Thanksgiving to all.

2. These 2 users like rickyriolo's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (11-29-2013), snepp (11-28-2013)

Senior Member Double-A Wookiee of the Year's Avatar
    Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    An MLBTR feed has been added to the front page and all article pages. It has no title at the moment, though... I'll have to work on that later.
    Brock, I think there's something wrong with your MLBTR feed... it appears it hasn't updated since you added it.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,522 Times in 796 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee of the Year View Post
    Brock, I think there's something wrong with your MLBTR feed... it appears it hasn't updated since you added it.
    I just noticed that an hour or so ago... I'll look into it later. I have no idea why that isn't updating.

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 461 Times in 290 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd like some sort of editorial calendar of content by regular participants. Say, John, Parker, Nick, Seth and two other regular participants writes a weekly column on a given day. When I was EIC of CU, we had this and it gave regular visitors who are not daily visitors a reason to come and follow their favorite authors. Do that for six days a week and leave the seventh day for guest columns by the unwashed masses, such as myself. While I couldn't contribute weekly, I could write like three pieces a year.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

6. This user likes cmathewson's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (01-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    4. Twins Daily Beer. nothing like a cold Brew when typing up a post and drinking an ice cold Twins Daily Beer in a bottle. ( at least 6% alc by volume) Also served at Bonnes future bar.
    I like this idea!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmathewson View Post
    I'd like some sort of editorial calendar of content by regular participants. Say, John, Parker, Nick, Seth and two other regular participants writes a weekly column on a given day. When I was EIC of CU, we had this and it gave regular visitors who are not daily visitors a reason to come and follow their favorite authors. Do that for six days a week and leave the seventh day for guest columns by the unwashed masses, such as myself. While I couldn't contribute weekly, I could write like three pieces a year.

Between the TD guys, we do have a regular schedule that we are trying to keep with. and, we typically have a few strong blog entries that get mixed in. But, I really like this idea of formalizing it a bit more.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mini_tb View Post
    I like this idea!
    So... do you know anyone who might be able to brew up something for us??

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    So... do you know anyone who might be able to brew up something for us??
    It would be easier to make t-shirts, and t-shirts could be made without buying a brewery.

Senior Member Triple-A DocBauer's Avatar
    Liked 169 Times in 95 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely love the site! And I also come to it at least a couple times a day just to see if there is something new or added, whether it be a forum, blog, or even addition replies. I used to read every blogger here on their individual sites, and when Twins Daily came along to provide the most comprehensive Twins site available, I was in Twins Fandom heaven.

I am pleased, even a little proud, to now be a part of this community with my own shares. In the future, I'd like to personally expand my own contributions with blogs and the such.

As a lifelong Twins fanatic, the only thing I can think of to improve or expand on would be minor league coverage. I know many of you devote a great deal of time already to the Twins minor leagues, but I sometimes find milb.com and said sites to be a little lacking in their coverage. Not sure specifically what to add, links and the such, but perhaps a few more bits of information as to who is doing well, showing improvement, scouting reports, etc. just to keep us with the prospects and teams if at all possible.

Mostly, just keep up the good work. The best baseball site around!

12. This user likes DocBauer's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

BigTrane (01-18-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 73 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocBauer View Post
    As a lifelong Twins fanatic, the only thing I can think of to improve or expand on would be minor league coverage. I know many of you devote a great deal of time already to the Twins minor leagues, but I sometimes find milb.com and said sites to be a little lacking in their coverage. Not sure specifically what to add, links and the such, but perhaps a few more bits of information as to who is doing well, showing improvement, scouting reports, etc. just to keep us with the prospects and teams if at all possible.
    Completely agree, and feel very lucky to have such depth w/coverage of the farm system. Crikket's stuff is outstanding & is a great complement/ enhancement to TD's stuff about the big club, for example. Of course, the Twins future will depend largely on players working their way through the system, so the need for coverage is there.

Ideally, it would be great to have someone dedicated to each of the farm club teams so that the coverage is comprehensive, system-wide.

Keep up the good work!
    Feel free to pile on about Suzuki.

Blog Entries
    Had a thought for a minor improvement:

I'd change the Forums links on the homepage to jump to the last page of whatever thread rather than the first. Nine times out of ten, the reason I'm clicking that link is because I can tell a thread's received a newer post than the last time I viewed it.

15. This user likes Wookiee of the Year's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Don't Feed the Greed Guy (02-15-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Had a thought for a minor improvement:

I'd change the Forums links on the homepage to jump to the last page of whatever thread rather than the first. Nine times out of ten, the reason I'm clicking that link is because I can tell a thread's received a newer post than the last time I viewed it.
    If you click that little fast forward icon next to the time of the last post, it will take you directly to that last post.
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Swanson View Post
    If you click that little fast forward icon next to the time of the last post, it will take you directly to that last post.
    Better yet if you click in the triple arrow next to the thread title, it takes you to the last post you've read.

Like magic!

Blog Entries
    Ha, even better. Thanks, guys.

Although Brock, I'm only seeing the triple arrow if I go into the Forums section--not in the "The Forums" widget on the homepage.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great forum, I enjoy it. Wish sometimes there was not the same arguments or close to threads over topics that seem to repeat.
    Keep up the good work.
    This is one of the two websites I tend to post on.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Ha, even better. Thanks, guys.

Although Brock, I'm only seeing the triple arrow if I go into the Forums section--not in the "The Forums" widget on the homepage.
    Yeah, there are only so many buttons we can put various places before the interface becomes too cumbersome to use or confuses the average person.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, there are only so many buttons we can put various places before the interface becomes too cumbersome to use or confuses the average person.
    Absolutely, makes perfect sense. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I'm giddy enough thinking about all the time I'll save with the fast forward icon Brad Swanson pointed out, rather than always clicking the forum title, then the Last button.

22. This user likes Wookiee of the Year's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (02-16-2014)

Liked 3,014 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Better yet if you click in the triple arrow next to the thread title, it takes you to the last post you've read.

Like magic!
    Wait...what??

//slinks away sheepishly//
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

24. These 3 users like USAFChief's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (02-17-2014), JB_Iowa (02-17-2014), twinsnorth49 (02-17-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,841 Times in 1,075 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Wait...what??

//slinks away sheepishly//
    Lol ... I wasn't going to admit that one publicly ... oops, wait, er, uhhh ...

26. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (02-17-2014)

Liked 1,200 Times in 698 Posts
    I didn't have a clue either. Wonder what other lovely features I'm missing? (some of us need remedial instruction).

28. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (02-17-2014)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123