Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Twins Sign Ricky Nolasco?

Just an FYI, I'd nearly guarantee it's a 4 year contract with a 5th year option possible. Other teams wanted him, we had to outbid them, giving the extra year is our way to leap the hurdle.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 58 Times in 47 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinscowboysbulls View Post
    I am very excited to eat some crow pie tonight! Woo Hoo. I view this as a good start, not a good offseason.

This is our rotation I think:

1:
    2: Nolasco
    3:
    4: Corriea
    5: Gibson/Deduno/Meyer/Diamond

It'd be awesome to add Garza and trade for someone like Hellickson.

1. Garza
    2. Nolasco
    3. Hellickson
    4. Correia
    5. Gibson

I wonder what the price is for Nolasco, as long as we didn't have to pay a butt load per year, we should have enough chips to get Garza.
    Here is our rotation as it stands now.

1: Nolasco
    2:
    3: Deduno
    5: Gibson/Meyer/Diamond/ Worely/ Albers/ Johnson and more

with Meyer on the way at the allstar break.

Now we can focus on signing Campuano or Pelfry and a catcher.
    Last edited by Brandon; 11-27-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 199 Posts
    I like it! So much for all the "TR will never do anything, talk"

I would love to snag one of Bailey, Garza, Kazmir still, however I am very pleased so far, and even if they don't sign another front end guy (and just a backend guy like Arroyo, Pelfrey) along with a bat somewhere I would be pretty damn thrilled.

4. These 2 users like SpiritofVodkaDave's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hugh Morris (11-27-2013), Twins Twerp (11-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Here is our rotation as it stands now.

1: Nolasco
    2:
    3: Deduno
    5: Gibson/Meyer/Diamond/ Worely/ Albers/ Johnson and more

with Meyer on the way at the allstar break.

Now we can focus on signing Campuano or Pelfry and a catcher.
    I guess I'm not satisfied with Nolasco being our best pitcher. I'm happy to have him though.

6. This user likes twinscowboysbulls's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

johnnydakota (11-27-2013)

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Not my personal first choice, but it does show they are serious this year about getting better. I guess keeping my hopes up was ok after all.
    Lighten up Francis....

8. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 54 Times in 30 Posts
    I'm very happy we're making some moves, but hard to say too much until we know the details of the contract. I do worry though that our rotation is going to end up being the same as last year, with Nolasco as the only addition and re signing Pelfrey to a multi year deal. Its a start, but the following rotation isn't exactly impressive if its the end result:

1. Nolasco
    2. Correia
    3. Pelfrey
    4. Deduno
    5. Gibson

So, lets go spend some more.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I like it! So much for all the "TR will never do anything, talk"

I would love to snag one of Bailey, Garza, Kazmir still, however I am very pleased so far, and even if they don't sign another front end guy (and just a backend guy like Arroyo, Pelfrey) along with a bat somewhere I would be pretty damn thrilled.
    I'm glad you are happy Dave. I am as well. I won't be that thrilled if we don't sign another front end guy and settle for Arroyo/Pelfrey unless we saved that money to add a legit bat/catcher to go along with a guy like Arroyo.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,584 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinscowboysbulls View Post
    I guess I'm not satisfied with Nolasco being our best pitcher. I'm happy to have him though.
    I think asking for a pitcher better than Nolasco in one offseason is a pretty tall order.

This team doesn't need to be rebuilt in a day. I'm happy with Nolasco (not my first choice but perfectly acceptable) and a lower tier guy this offseason with the intent of doing it again next offseason.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 660 Times in 372 Posts
    I'm going to be curious to see what the dollars were. But a good, aggressive start. This is what we didn't get last year, so I'm glad it's finally being addressed.

We should be happy about this signing. I was really feeling that dull Arroyo ache in my stomach. If we could snag Garza, I don't care who else the Twins sign. Garza and Navarro would be a winning offseason for me. I still like Kazmir as well! I'd be cool with Pelfrey if we signed Garza and/or Kazmir. Plus Aledmys Diaz, the Cuban SS is still out there and now we know his age! That'd be some thick icing on the cake.

14. This user likes AHSaves's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Done deal. Nolasco himself and Plouffe confirm. Details here.

Still need to find the years and AAV. Note: He made $11.5M in 2013, so I expect it to be between $13-15M AAV and either 3+1 or 4+1.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I honestly don't have to wait for the contract info to like this. Money is not a current issue in this organization. They can afford to pay too much or go a year too long for a guy. In factn they probably have to in order to get any quality pitcher.

Glad to see an aggressive move.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

17. This user likes Jim Crikket's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (11-27-2013)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One projection has the deal in the range of Edwin Jackson's 4 year $52 million deal according to the mlbtraderumors piece.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I spent the last hour deciding if I like this signing. I do. I think Nolasco could be peaking right now and I think that he is the type of pitcher who can do well for a lot of years. It seems pretty low-risk as far as starting pitchers go. I wrote a lot more about it if you really want my analysis:

http://smartpitcher.blogspot.com/201...minnesota.html

There's a chart. It's fun.
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My guess is that we overpaid, however, that is what it's going to take to get these guys here. This signing will probably start the dominoes falling on the other pitchers. I'd love to get another arm and Salty. Then see if we can maybe trade. Texas would seem like a good place for Hammer since Murphy and Cruz likely not back for one of their young arms.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0252 View Post
    Tim Dierkes reports the Twins are close to a major signing. Who the signing is isn't clear. Link to post:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...t-signing.html
    Good guess on the thread name, by the way..

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    Without digging into it, why did he only pitch 80 some innings last season? Injury?
    with out looking it up , Me thinks he was just under 200 innings (199.1) with Miami and the dodgers)

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TKGuy View Post
    My guess is that we overpaid, however, that is what it's going to take to get these guys here. This signing will probably start the dominoes falling on the other pitchers. I'd love to get another arm and Salty. Then see if we can maybe trade. Texas would seem like a good place for Hammer since Murphy and Cruz likely not back for one of their young arms.
    You aren't going to get much back for Willingham at all at this point.

Banned All-Star
    Hey Terry , NICE JOB kudos, now that your getting it done, lets keep going and sign Garza, Erick Chavez and Navarro

25. These 2 users like johnnydakota's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

AHSaves (11-27-2013), Brad Swanson (11-27-2013)

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Hey Terry , NICE JOB kudos, now that your getting it done, lets keep going and sign Garza, Erick Chavez and Navarro
    No im not drinking ...for those who are wondering

27. This user likes johnnydakota's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (11-27-2013)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast