Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alex Wimmers -- My Adopted Prospect

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Jim Rantz said Tuesday that he had "more discomfort" after throwing, so he'll be backed up, according to the Pioneer Press.

If I had to guess - and I'm not probably not alone - he'll go under the knife soon and resume throwing late next season, pretty much wasting two full season.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 20 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    Jim Rantz said Tuesday that he had "more discomfort" after throwing, so he'll be backed up, according to the Pioneer Press.

If I had to guess - and I'm not probably not alone - he'll go under the knife soon and resume throwing late next season, pretty much wasting two full season.
    Injuries are a bummer. Surgery two months ago wouldn't have made much of a difference, makes sense to do everything possible to avoid surgery.
    Papers...business papers.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Wimmers will undergo another MRI. According to TR the elbow is "not good".

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This makes me want to pull my hair out. TJ surgery should have been done in April and everyone knows it but the Twins.

Well, you feel bad for Wimmers.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    No matter how it's spun, it's unfortunate. Fortunately, TJ surgery isn't a kiss of death anymore. You do wonder, though, how the elbow was feeling as far back as the beginning of last year when he couldn't throw the ball over the plate.

I just hope that when April of 2014 rolls around that Wimmers comes out and dominates AA and can help the Twins out. Might be wishful thinking since the last two years have been nothing short of a complete waste.

grrrrrrrrrrr........how is it that the Twins are the ONLY peole who didnt see this coming?????

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 20 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    grrrrrrrrrrr........how is it that the Twins are the ONLY peole who didnt see this coming?????
    This type of thinking makes me laugh. What are you possibly basing this upon? Do you have any idea how the diagnosis went? Or conversations between medical personnel and Wimmers/his agent? It is probably just as likely, if not more so, that the medical people thought Tommy John was the likely outcome but decided, in conjunction with Wimmers and his agent, that it was worthwhile to pursue other options before getting cut open. I just don't see a problem with this.
    Papers...business papers.

Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    This type of thinking makes me laugh. What are you possibly basing this upon? Do you have any idea how the diagnosis went? Or conversations between medical personnel and Wimmers/his agent? It is probably just as likely, if not more so, that the medical people thought Tommy John was the likely outcome but decided, in conjunction with Wimmers and his agent, that it was worthwhile to pursue other options before getting cut open. I just don't see a problem with this.
    Dont think its a bad thing to waste 2 yrs with recovery rather than 1 year???
    If would be different if UCL rehab worked for ANYONE .....they all end up with the surgery, why prolong it

In news that is surprising to no one, Wimmers underwent Tommy John surgery today.
    So, 2013 is shot, at least with respect to pitching in competitive ballgames.
    He's an extremely nice guy; best of luck to him in his recovery.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12