Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Miguel Sano

Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Yes, why couldn't he be a potential all star outfielder? Isn't he pretty fast and have a strong arm?

I hope that the injury is minor.
    I didn't get to see him run the bases, but I definitely can say he has a strong arm.

Liked 715 Times in 379 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Was just told that Sano has been out with a IT Band/Thigh strain.
    I found a website on this and it's a little worrisome -- http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/k..._Band_Pain.htm

Hopefully the training staff is up to speed on this, and can refrain from its customary use of leeches and voodoo dancing.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Back in the lineup. Hit, couple RBI, error, playing third. Typical day at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    Back in the lineup. Hit, couple RBI, error, playing third. Typical day at the office.
    so only 1 error....what the number of games he has to sit for 'an injury' now????

Liked 715 Times in 379 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    Maybe the error got reversed -- I am looking at today's box score and see the hit and the 2 RBI, but no errors.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hit his 19th home run tonight and walked twice. He's been hitting well since the All-Star break and hitting .300 in his last ten games.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    After going 0-2 with a walk in Game 1 of the Snappers double-header tonight, Sano went 3-4 with his 20th home run and four RBI in game 2.

In his last 8 games, he is 9-23 (.391) with a double, a triple, two HR and 9 RBI. In that span, he has also walked nine times and struck out four times.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How about errors in that time? I don't remember seeing any in boxscore... I could be mistaken. It's really good to see him picking it up now that his 19th birthday slump is wearing off.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    He had his 33rd last night, but I think he's only had maybe two over the last couple of weeks.

Ugly weekend of 0-13 w/6K.
    Comes after hitting great since ASG --22gms--21/68 .309/.453/.618 w/15runs 4doubles 1triple 5hr 19rbi 19k 18bb

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4 strike outs today. Sano is now 0 for his last 17 with 10 strike outs.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Sano is hitting well again, .371 over his last 10 games. In his last six games, he is 9-24 (.375) with three doubles, three homers and 10 RBI. He has homered in back-to-back games. I was at the game on Sunday when he hit HR #22. He got a fastball away and drilled it over the fence in right-center field. The fence is probably 370 away, and there is a sign above it. The ball went over that sign too. He hit #23 on Monday night. He did still strike out some over the four games I saw. I thought he did well to lay off some tough sliders down and away. He just-missed a few curve balls. He doesn't miss many fastballs. My opinion of his defense was that he looked much-more prepared pre-pitch. He's only had 2-3 errors since his 3-4 error game 5-6 weeks ago. He also has a rocket for an arm. He runs the bases well and has surprisingly good speed.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    After getting ejected last night, Miguel Sano hit his 24th home run tonight and drove in his 90th run.

After getting ejected last night, Miguel Sano hit his 24th home run tonight and drove in his 90th run.
    To clarify, he was ejected in one game and then hit a homerun in his next?

Because I was picturing a Bobby Valentine-esque Groucho disguise situation when I first read this, which I'm pretty sure should automatically bump Sano up about a dozen spots on prospect lists.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity Weddings! View Post
    To clarify, he was ejected in one game and then hit a homerun in his next?
    Correct... ejected one night, homered the following night. Ha!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    A Tweet from Jorge Aragnure regarding Sano's winter league team...

Jorge Arangure
    @jorgearangure

Miguel Angel Sano was the first pick of the Dominican winter league draft. Will play for Estrellas Orientales #twins

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Hit home run #26 tonight. ESPN.com's Keith Law tweeted that it was a blast over the batters' eye in centerfield.

On the season, he is now hitting .262/.382/.526 (.907) with 25 doubles, four triples, 26 home runs and 92 RBI. In 499 plate appearances, he has 75 walks and 132 strikeouts. He sits at 39 errors on the season at 3B.

Since All Star Break...48gms .300/.426/.581 48runs 11doubles 2triples 10HR 42RBI 47k 36bb
    getting better all around with the bat.
    .364/.446/.782 in 15 Aug gms (55ABs)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinsArmChairGM_Jon View Post
    Whatever happened to Miguel changing his last name to Jean instead of Sano? I haven't once heard him referred to as Miguel Jean since he said he was changing it.
    I suspect if you look real hard when in the DR, you'll find someone age 19 who's name is Miguel Sano. If in doing so you you also come across some Jeans, you might want to check for letters and wired payments from Florida, Tennessee, and Wisconsin.

But then the name thing is always funky within the hispanic culture. A friend of mine from CR introduced herself by one name, then starting using another. The maternal/paternal surnames are pretty inconsistent in the culture from our perspective.
    Last edited by twinstalker; 08-18-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    #26 for Sano Sunday. Error #41 Saturday night.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast