Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logan Morrison on the trade block

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 38 Posts

Logan Morrison on the trade block

MLBtraderumors is reporting that Logan Morrison is going to be shopped at the winter meetings. He won't be a free agent until 2017 but has really underwhelmed these last few years after a pretty solid rookie season. Once upon a time he was a top 20 prospect and a darling of some people for his ability to work the count. But he's posted a 92 OPS+ the last two years while only playing in 178 games. He's probably best as a DH but can play a corner OF spot.

I can't imagine he'd cost a lot to get and he's still young enough (26 next year) to turn it around in a better environment. But I'm not sure that's us. He had that twitter war with management a few years ago which might not endear him to our FO and he's a LH power bat (ideally) so might not be suited for TF. Still, he's going into arbitration and the Marlins would probably be willing to trade him to save money. I don't think he'd cost a top prospect but maybe one or two in the 7-12 range.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...ett-jones.html

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 341 Times in 194 Posts
    I'd love it, but I doubt his personality will mesh well with the Twins way of doing things.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I'd love it, but I doubt his personality will mesh well with the Twins way of doing things.
    He uses Twitter and has a mind of his own. Far too controversial. We just want robots.

4. These 3 users like notoriousgod71's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

h2oface (12-07-2013), jokin (12-07-2013), Trautmann13 (12-09-2013)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Im not a big fan but they are looking for 3B help, if they are willing to roll with Sano at 3B I'd def swap Plouffe for him. Can't say I'd give any more than that for him.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    1 Question, He has a negetive D-WAR , Dont we want a plus defensive outfielder with speed?
    so would that limit him to DH? And we are kind of full in that area

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    I have always liked Logan and he would be a good buy low but he doesn't fit very well on a team that has Doumit, Willy and Arcia. If you did pick him up then Parmelee probably doesn't have a place on the roster. Doumit might not have a place regardless...

Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Arcia might even be better than LoMo, offering similar skillset, as soon as 2014 and he is a much more likable guy for sure. Let the Mariners and the like have him.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

9. This user likes Thrylos's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

johnnydakota (12-07-2013)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    Arcia might even be better than LoMo, offering similar skillset, as soon as 2014 and he is a much more likable guy for sure. Let the Mariners and the like have him.
    Arcia is better than LoMo but you can hide one crappy defender in the OF (esp w/ buxton coming up) but currently the team also has Willy and Doumit (and Parmelee) and they will play as long as they are on the team.

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As a twitter fanatic I'd love having LoMo in the Twins organization. I'm not sure there's really a good fit for him, however, so I can't see this happening.

I will, however, continue to follow and interact with him on the Twitter machine.

I feel like the only problem with LoMo in Miami was that the team was giving him flack for Twitter at a time when he was performing. That's what caused the personality friction. Since that time, he has been a far less productive player but I don't think the 2 things are connected. If the Twins were to acquire him in order to play the LHB side of a platoon for DH and occasionally an outfield spot with a few starts at 1B, then I can't see why he wouldn't enjoy playing for a team that wants to give him an opportunity to succeed.

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    The Twins have talked about trying to bring some new voices and personalities to the clubhouse. This sounds like a perfect opportunity.

It sounds like the Marlins are looking for a 3B and Plouffe strikes me right away as a pretty solid match. Plouffe has one more year of control than LoMo, but is also a bit older. Both were highly regarded at some point. Swap those two, release/dump Doumit somehow, pick up a Young/Youkilis/Polanco for a year, and get ready for Sano. I'd love it.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 329 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    The Twins have talked about trying to bring some new voices and personalities to the clubhouse. This sounds like a perfect opportunity.

It sounds like the Marlins are looking for a 3B and Plouffe strikes me right away as a pretty solid match. Plouffe has one more year of control than LoMo, but is also a bit older. Both were highly regarded at some point. Swap those two, release/dump Doumit somehow, pick up a Young/Youkilis/Polanco for a year, and get ready for Sano. I'd love it.

Quote Originally Posted by terencemann View Post
    I feel like the only problem with LoMo in Miami was that the team was giving him flack for Twitter at a time when he was performing. That's what caused the personality friction. Since that time, he has been a far less productive player but I don't think the 2 things are connected. If the Twins were to acquire him in order to play the LHB side of a platoon for DH and occasionally an outfield spot with a few starts at 1B, then I can't see why he wouldn't enjoy playing for a team that wants to give him an opportunity to succeed.
    LoMo, Giancarlo Stanton and Adam Conley in a blockbuster package deal (Perkins, Arcia, Plouffe, Rosario and a take your pick of one of the low level minors sluggers- Harrison/Vargas/Walker).
    Last edited by jokin; 12-09-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    LoMo, Giancarlo Stanton and Adam Conley in a blockbuster package deal (Perkins, Arcia, Plouffe, Rosario and a take your pick of one of the low level minors sluggers- Harrison/Vargas/Walker).
    Well sure, that'd be great but Miami would never, ever do that.

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Take out Conley and make that last piece Stewart/Meyer, they just might think about it.

17. This user likes jay's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gunnarthor (12-09-2013)

I'd be down for that. I like LoMo as a bounce-back guy away from the pit of misery that is Miami. Also, I wouldn't have to watch Plouffe frustrate the hell out of me every night. So double bonus.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 191 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't see the appeal.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No. Just no. He isn't even, you know, um, good. The power has fallen off a cliff.

Senior Member MVP
    Blog Entries
    Take out Conley and make that last piece Stewart/Meyer, they just might think about it.
    Yup. I was just doing my best to extract something else from the Marlins area of depth/redundancy.

Senior Member MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    I don't see the appeal.
    Read his Twitter posts

LoMo dealt for not much of anything. Would've really liked this buy-low.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast