Thread: Formatting Issues

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Formatting Issues

Lately it seems I have been getting severe formatting issues when I go into threads. What people type are showing at the bottom of their post with a bunch of empty box at the top. Sometimes it throws the sizes out of whack too and makes the boxes huge and empty. Whatever it is, it hasn't done it before until the past few days.

I'm bumping this. I've restarted my computer since and am still getting weird formatting. A lot of times the thread will end at the bottom of the page with the last thread of the page, and then nothing. The reply box and formatting of the pages typically goes all screwy - sometimes the reply box is at the top right corner of the page. It is making it a complete pain to read through threads because I have to return to the top of the page (and its weird formatting) to click to the next page of the thread. Am I the only one having these issue?

Oh, and for whatever reason, the formatting in this thread right now is fine. Perhaps it has something to do with threads over a page long? I have no idea.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    What browser? I had this issue, found out it is realted to IE going into compatability mode....
    Lighten up Francis....

Oh.. interesting. It is IE at work.

Senior Member All-Star
    YOu can go to tools, and uncheck compatability mode....
    Lighten up Francis....

Rejoice! It appears to be fixed. Man, I would have never thought of that. Thanks.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 776 Times in 426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, IE's compatibility mode. Greaaaaaaaat feature, especially when enabled by accident or without user knowledge.

Senior Member All-Star
    Ugh, did you make a change Brock? No matter how much I turn off CM, it keeps reloading that way today. Could be my work computer trying to get me to work....
    Lighten up Francis....