Thread: Coomer

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 124 Times in 57 Posts

Coomer

I had WGN on for some reason and just heard that Coomer is expected to be named the new Cubs radio analyst.

If this is true- congratulations are in order. I wonder if FSN will replace him or just have Laudner, Smalley on more often.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked 660 Times in 426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When I saw the thread Title... I thought we signed him? Whew!

Cubs Broadcast... That makes more sense.

Good for The Coom Dog... Congrats!!!
    "9. Lipstick"

"How can Canada produce Tie Domi and not have a better military"?

"I noticed while robbing the First State Bank last night that if you go into the vault when nobody is looking... You can get away with it".

3. These 2 users like Riverbrian's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (12-13-2013), USAFChief (12-13-2013)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    One of my favorite Twins/road trip memories was down in KC for a weekend series. We see Coomer walking into the stadium as we're driving by dropping off (drunk) friends to get in line for fountain seats and my buddy yells "COOMDOG YOU ARE AN ALLSTAR" he turns arounds, laughs and gives a salute. Made our day, gotta like a guy with a sense of humor.

Happy for him moving up, hope he ends up back in Minnesota in a broadcast role of somesort in the future.

I liked Coomer as a change of pace from Bert. If he had a full season, I would probably get tired of him, but he seemed to offer up some commentary about pitch sequence and what the batter is thinking.

I would be nice if FSN finds an ex Twins player (or any player, but I doubt they would go outside of the Twins family) that played baseball in the 2000's.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
    Blog Entries
    CooomDog!

Happy for him but I would have liked to see him in the booth full time. He has a good vibe and breaks things down nicely while being PC without sounding completely homerish. Not an easy medium to find. Bert's alright but would much rather hear Coomer in the booth.

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    He's really improved as a broadcaster, and I much preferred him the Bert this year. I'm happy that he's moving up.

The sad thing is that Eddie Vedder will no longer be a Twins fan.

8. This user likes raindog's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (12-14-2013)