View Poll Results: Who leads the 2014 Twins in stolen bases?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darin Mastroianni

2 11.11%
  • Alex Presley

5 27.78%
  • Aaron Hicks

6 33.33%
  • Pedro Florimon

0 0%
  • Brian Dozier

4 22.22%
  • Byron Buxton

0 0%
  • Joe Mauer

0 0%
  • None of the Above

1 5.56%

Thread: Poll: Who leads the 2014 Twins in Stolen Bases?

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 135 Times in 95 Posts
    Blog Entries

Poll: Who leads the 2014 Twins in Stolen Bases?

Team speed is a weakness for the current Twins. Their corner guys are slow and they have no regulars who have game-changing speed or much ability to steal bases. There are many candidates, but I don't know if there is one guy who is a clear-cut favorite to lead the 2014 Twins in stolen bases.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 56 Times in 42 Posts
    I voted Dozier because I have no idea how much Presley, Hicks, or Mastroianni will be playing. If one of those guys is playing everyday I'd probably go with them.

Dozier wasn't particularly successful stealing last year. 14 SB and 7 CS. I don't see Gardy sending him too often as he hates to give away outs. I went with Mastroianni because I think he's going to come back healthy and be an often used 4th outfielder that has a SB% in the mid 80's (88% in 2012). Plus, he's the only guy Gardy will give the green light to steal third.
    Plus, I'm biased. He's the most exciting guy on the basepaths and I hope he tears it up. Games are much more enjoyable when he's on base.

Wouldn't it be great if Mauer led the team?! He's really not that slow once he gets moving.

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I voted Hicks because I think he's this years Dozier.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 135 Times in 95 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I actually doubt Dozier will run much at all this year if he is hitting in front of Mauer. I do not blame Gardy for keeping a leash on a guy with average success stealing in front of a three-time batting champion. Florimon will be hitting from the bottom of the order, so I would expect him to run a bit more, but he has to get on and that has proven difficult for Pedro.

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 309 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Presley. I think he's going to be a pleasant surprise this season and could force the Twins to rethink their long term OF plans.