Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proposed Trade with the ChiSox

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries

Proposed Trade with the ChiSox

Chicago is looking for help at 3rd. They could to be open to trading De Aza or Viciedo to get a 3rd baseman.

Would Chicago be open to trading either for Plouffe? I would prefer De Aza to play center for us and steal some bases. I don't think Plouffe would come back to haunt us as he does most of his damage against lefties and we may have a lefty free rotation.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Chance; 12-15-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Who plays 3rd base this year if this trade were to happen?

3. This user likes Tibs's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (12-15-2013)

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think, OK I'm sure, I'd rather have Plouffe than either of those two.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Why trade any one of value within the division. I never got that logic.

Especially your best RH power threat who is just entering his prime and the only starting 3B you got on the 40-man roster.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
    I'm not in favor of dealing Plouffe to the ChiSox, but I'm not against moving him somewhere. I think the Twins need to go all in on Sano @ 3B, even if it means Escobar handles the spot for most or all of 2014. Perhaps I'm wrong about Trevor, but I don't think his value will be any higher than it is right now.

Seattle seems to be a team that has a heavily LH leaning line-up. Plouffe could give them a RH bat at either corner IF or OF position. Willingham might be an option otherwise. Seems to me that they now have a surplus of middle IF's, and Nick Franklin would be a nice offensive upgrade and perhaps long-term solution for us @ SS.

Blog Entries
    I don't think it's as crazy as you guys think. The players are almost a wash and Sano is getting close. Plouffe will not have a position on this team in about a year. I don't believe Plouffe will hurt us as much as De AZa would help us.

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you can get value for Plouffe or Parmalee I'm in. Like Hendricks, they've had their shots and it's time to move on. I am betting on Sano coming out of Spring Training. I'd prefer prospects with higher upside than the MLB ready names given so far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goulik View Post
    If you can get value for Plouffe or Parmalee I'm in. Like Hendricks, they've had their shots and it's time to move on. I am betting on Sano coming out of Spring Training. I'd prefer prospects with higher upside than the MLB ready names given so far.
    Fair enough. I think that it would be nice to have a better outfield option to transition for Buxton this year. De Aza could move to a corner for Willingham if he was traded at the deadline and Hicks or Buxton are up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Fair enough. I think that it would be nice to have a better outfield option to transition for Buxton this year. De Aza could move to a corner for Willingham if he was traded at the deadline and Hicks or Buxton are up.
    Can't argue with the desire for a better OF. Need more power from the corners (Praying for a Willingham rebound) but I think Arcia will provide that from RF. But even with a Willingham rebound, it would be nice to have power AND defence in left.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would give Parm another chance before cutting him loose. He played surprising well in RF last year and he's raked in the majors. Obviously this is his last chance.

Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    I'm surprised so many people are attached to Plouffe. I don't know if I would make the trade, but I don't think it would come back to haunt the Twins. Besides, the Twins don't know how to utilize him properly.

You'd have to sign a third baseman, though. I'm already resigned to the fact that Miguel Sano is going to have Tommy John surgery in March. :/

13. This user likes raindog's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (12-17-2013)

Blog Entries
    Plouffe is still pretty young and he's only been a 3B for a bit over a year. I think he would be league average this year. Give him a chance to increase his value before Sano arrives.

Blog Entries
    His value could also decrease enough that he would be worth nothing. I honestly don't get how this would be a "bad" move for the Twins. De Aza could slot into a great 4th outfielder with pinch running ability after Buxton and Hicks arrive. Whether its early this year or to start next season, Sano will man 3rd. If Plouffe has enough value to land a quality OF, I'd make the trade. I'm a Plouffe guy but this is a move that could be an even trade this year but work in our favor as the years go on.
    Last edited by Chance; 12-15-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Senior Member Double-A SgtSchmidt11's Avatar
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raindog View Post
    I'm surprised so many people are attached to Plouffe. I don't know if I would make the trade, but I don't think it would come back to haunt the Twins. Besides, the Twins don't know how to utilize him properly.

You'd have to sign a third baseman, though. I'm already resigned to the fact that Miguel Sano is going to have Tommy John surgery in March. :/
    He was cleared by the doctors, including James Andrews. So that's not going to happen.

Liked 1,295 Times in 749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtSchmidt11 View Post
    He was cleared by the doctors, including James Andrews. So that's not going to happen.
    Why would anyone feel totally comfortable that all's okay -- even with what Dr. Andrews says?

There have been too many cases in the past where they simply can't tell exactly what is going on.

But even if he is 100%, I doubt that Sano would be the 3B man on opening day 2014.

I hope he comes out and wows in ST but I just can't see putting all the 3B eggs in the Sano basket at this point in time. I'm not a huge Trevor Plouffe fan but at least he should be serviceable for a few months.

Blog Entries
    If we trade Plouffe, Escobar or possibly even Collabello could hold down 3B. He did play some 3rd base in the minors. If Miggy and Plouffe can hold down 3B I don't see why we can't have a platoon of Collabello and Escobar do well enough until Sano arrives. We are building for the future not next season.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Why would anyone feel totally comfortable that all's okay -- even with what Dr. Andrews says?

There have been too many cases in the past where they simply can't tell exactly what is going on.

But even if he is 100%, I doubt that Sano would be the 3B man on opening day 2014.

I hope he comes out and wows in ST but I just can't see putting all the 3B eggs in the Sano basket at this point in time. I'm not a huge Trevor Plouffe fan but at least he should be serviceable for a few months.
    He might hurt it, but right now the evidence says that everything is good to go. People are being obsessed with the string of TJS that have been happening and are being overly pessimistic. That is what I was responding to.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtSchmidt11 View Post
    He might hurt it, but right now the evidence says that everything is good to go. People are being obsessed with the string of TJS that have been happening and are being overly pessimistic. That is what I was responding to.
    With our training staff recent history, fans have been trained to worry... Just saying

21. This user likes goulik's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (12-15-2013)

Blog Entries
    Colabello isn't anything more than an emergency fill-in. I can't see him ever starting a game at 3B. IMHO he can't hit major league pitching either.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goulik View Post
    With our training staff recent history, fans have been trained to worry... Just saying
    I know but that's why I threw in the James Andrews bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast