Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposed Trade with the ChiSox

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 346 Times in 197 Posts
    So much for needing that third baseman.

Liked 58 Times in 41 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Why would anyone feel totally comfortable that all's okay -- even with what Dr. Andrews says?

I hope he comes out and wows in ST but I just can't see putting all the 3B eggs in the Sano basket at this point in time. I'm not a huge Trevor Plouffe fan but at least he should be serviceable for a few months.
    amen! The organization hasn't been exactly been a picture of health over the last several years. Depth is key

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe that someone did an analysis of injury frequency among the ML teams, and the Twins had one of the better performances; and, except for concussions, they have been rather good at keeping players on the field. Unfortunately, those players aren't that good.....

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 44 Times in 30 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    So much for needing that third baseman.
    Great trade for the White Sox.

I wonder if TR is still telling teams Perkins is unavailable. Davidson is the same level prospect as Owings and Gregorious (when he was a prospect). Considering Perkins is better than Reed, the Twins may have been able to get one of their shortstops and an additional prospect or two.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    If we trade Plouffe, Escobar or possibly even Collabello could hold down 3B. He did play some 3rd base in the minors. If Miggy and Plouffe can hold down 3B I don't see why we can't have a platoon of Collabello and Escobar do well enough until Sano arrives. We are building for the future not next season.
    We're willing to end up with Collabello at 3rd all for the sake of De Aza? There's guys in FA who could easily give us what he will. Plouffe is more valuable, period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12