Thread: Twins sign Yohan! (Not Johan)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries

Twins sign Yohan! (Not Johan)

Yohan, not Johan. Yohan Pinto was once a pitcher in the Twins system until he was the PTBNL in the Carl Pavano trade.

Welcome back, Yohan!

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I remember at the time of the trade just being upset that the Twins would give up someone like Pino for Pavano... It's part of the reason that things don't bother me anymore, I think.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 38 Posts
    Always liked Pino. Good for him. Sorta surprising he's never gotten a cup of coffee in the majors. He has over 100 starts in AA/AAA and over 200 appearances there.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I remember at the time of the trade just being upset that the Twins would give up someone like Pino for Pavano... It's part of the reason that things don't bother me anymore, I think.
    Completely agree, Seth. I had the same reaction (I believe I read about it on Seth Speaks not positive though). I was quickly ok with the move and, over time, forgot who we gave up for him. After Correia, I don't really get to worked up over FA signings. I will voice my opinion of if I agree or not but I will no longer swear off the team because of a move that they make.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 183 Times in 103 Posts
    Pino is an interesting case, his k/9 (8.0), bb/9(2.2) and k:bb ratio are all pretty damn good in the minors.

Last year he put up a nice 1.35 ERA and nearly 9k/9 in his time as a relief pitcher, also his starting numbers weren't terrible either.

Potentially could become a nice cheap bullpen option for us, and a potential spot starter as well (Could be a cheaper Swarzak down the road)