Thread: Great Twins or Baseball Fan Gifts?

Great Twins or Baseball Fan Gifts?

Now that the Winter Meetings are behind us, we can all finally get on with our holiday shopping. Aside from season tickets or the 2014 Twins Prospect Handbook, what are some great gifts for the passionate Twins or baseball fan.

Books, videos, collectibles, etc. What would you give the Twins' fan who has everything?

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    This jacket is quite classy.
    http://www.amazon.com/Minnesota-Prof...innesota+twins

Also, as someone who was 2 years old, this would be awesome. But I'm sure people would want to relive it too.

http://www.amazon.com/Minnesota-Twin...innesota+twins

3. This user likes raindog's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

MileHighTwinsFan (12-18-2013)

Senior Member Triple-A B Richard's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 25 Posts
    I recently bought my dad (former minor leaguer, very old school ideas) a great book. It serves as an introduction to sabermetric thought and poses many interesting questions.

The title is "Baseball Between the Numbers: Why Everything You Know About the Game is Wrong". It's authored by some of the great minds over at Baseball Prospectus. It's very non-offensive and is a great into to sabermetrics. I would highly recommend it to anyone who frequents Fangraphs or is interested in getting their feet wet in the analytical side of the game. Again, this book is very accessible and assumes no prior knowledge of sabermetrics or anything.
    Bring a song and a smile for the banjo,
    Better get while the gettin's good
    Catch a ride to the end of the highway
    Where the neons turn to wood

5. These 2 users like B Richard's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

MileHighTwinsFan (12-18-2013), Tibs (12-21-2013)

Liked 19 Times in 10 Posts
    • I made a few coupons for "all expenses paid" field trips to the batting cages. Conveniently, this means that I get to go too.
    • Apparel is always good. Everyone has T shirts, but a jacket for those early spring/late fall games at Target Field never hurts.
    • If your pockets are much deeper than mine, road trip to see Twins in a different city / spring training / Arizona league. (A girl can dream!) Ü
    Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 48 Times in 25 Posts
    The pro shop at Target Field has a bunch of game used stuff, from small budget to budget busting. Your gift "target" have a favorite player? Maybe get him/her a game used ball? They're really cool - they're all MLB authenticated, and you can see who threw it, whom they threw it to, what happened on the play, and what the disposition of the ball was. If you're really ambitious, you can have said favorite player sign it at Twins Fest.

8. This user likes 70charger's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

MileHighTwinsFan (12-18-2013)

Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTwinsFan View Post
    Now that the Winter Meetings are behind us, we can all finally get on with our holiday shopping. Aside from season tickets or the 2014 Twins Prospect Handbook, what are some great gifts for the passionate Twins or baseball fan.

Books, videos, collectibles, etc. What would you give the Twins' fan who has everything?
    Gift certificates and gift cards. I would have a hard time buying particular things (other that shirts and jerseys and I assume that the person you have in mind has enough) for fans, especially the ones who are collectors, because they might be really particular about what they want. Pro shop and/or mlb.com giftcards will go a long way. Also, if they are internet savvy and care about things like the minors, BA subscriptions (even in paper if you have to) make pretty good gifts.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
    8 x 10 Nick Punto autograph. My brother appreciated it last year

Liked 1,035 Times in 470 Posts
    A subscription to MLB radio. It's cheap but a great value. You can listen to every Twins game in 2014.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Tickets and hotel to Cedar Rapids. Wife gave me that last year for my birthday, arrived for second game after Buxton was promoted...(first scheduled visit was rained out or I would have seen him in April) was still an INCREDIBLE gift.