Thread: How big is the pitching staff?

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 301 Times in 179 Posts
    Blog Entries

How big is the pitching staff?

It seems like there's a lot of assumptions that the Twins will carry a 13 man pitching staff. I have to admit that I don't see the reasoning in it, but it seems to be a conclusion by many that they will carry one. I think with the improvements of our starting pitching that the pen is going to be a bit more reasonable size of 11 or 12.

Discuss.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 123 Times in 86 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Twelve now seems to be the minimum. With a healthy starting staff full of innings eaters, I don't think there will be a need to go beyond that number.

More than 12 would be disappointing. Get these starters good and stretched out by April 1st and leave them in to battle for extra outs in the late innings. Making starters grind it out late builds their endurance, and their confidence, even if the results aren't always favorable. And of course, it saves the bullpen and allows you an extra bat on the bench.

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, even though we may have something close to a decent rotation... I suspect we will revert to a 13-man pitching staff. That's just how we roll.