Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Santana close to a decision

It is wishful thinking for Bobby Cuellar to teach all minor leaguers to throw a change up. Santana's success and work ethic rubbed off on others when he was here, I imagine those same attributes could help him be a successful coach for our young pitchers.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,246 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A more recent MLBTR post on the subject indicates the Twins haven't made an offer, whereas other teams have offered minor league spots.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...s-santana.html

If indeed Santana is "close" to signing with someone, the Twins would be long shots according to this POV. Fortunately, as mentioned elsewhere, the rumor process may have garbled what "close" actually means in his case.

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 281 Times in 181 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsin17 View Post
    If we sign Santana I'd like there to be some kind of handshake agreement that if the comeback attempt is derailed or not possible that he comes aboard as a minor league pitching instructor to teach our young guys how to throw a proper change up.
    Why would he do that? I can think of 150 million reasons why he wouldn't do it.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 196 Times in 124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    A more recent MLBTR post on the subject indicates the Twins haven't made an offer, whereas other teams have offered minor league spots.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...s-santana.html

If indeed Santana is "close" to signing with someone, the Twins would be long shots according to this POV. Fortunately, as mentioned elsewhere, the rumor process may have garbled what "close" actually means in his case.
    Not to mention that both the local and national media's guestimation of who the Twins are "close" to has been wildly inaccurate. Pretty sure the Twins have been "close" to signing Arroyo since early November all while the Nolasco and Hughes signings came to light with only previous guesses and assumptions.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like Santana maybe be joining the Twins! I heard this on KFAN.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 74 Times in 50 Posts
    The byline was DEC 29, 2013. Sometimes players sign one-day contracts in order to retire from a specific team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12