Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reviews/Comments on Twins Prospect Handbook 2014

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    Or maybe simply lists of All-Stars and/or League Players of the Week?
    I think this is a better idea and gives viewers a better view of who is playing at a higher level within their respective league. Most of these honors are voted on by league managers or GMs - That gives us an alternate perspective too as to who they deem "Hot".

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I do like that idea... noting mid-season All Stars and post season, and league ratings and stuff like that. All tells the story of the season.

After reading this thread this morning I ordered it for the first time. In previous years I'd considered it but kind of figured I could get most of the content elsewhere on TD or other Twins sites. This thread convinced me otherwise and now I can't wait for it to arrive. I agree with Wookiee, I don't get not advertising it. I mean, you're not selling wrapping paper here. You guys provide the best Twins content out there for zero dollars and zero cents. If you battle your tails off to create something this detailed and in depth and someone complains about it being promoted on TD I don't think that's your problem.

4. This user likes UCLA_YANKEE_COLA's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (01-08-2014)

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,213 Times in 723 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UCLA_YANKEE_COLA View Post
    If you battle your tails off
    jhgE_6rtXJc.jpg iswydt

6. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

snepp (01-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Never forget.

8. These 2 users like UCLA_YANKEE_COLA's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (01-08-2014), snepp (01-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Yeah, I like the idea of adding a final editor to catch some of those things. Jeremy, Cody and I looked at it so much, and I know we missed some things... We'll get better.
    Guys, if you want, I'll throw my name in the hat to do a final edit next year. I used to do (legal) writing and editing for a living, so it's no big deal at all to go through a couple hundred pages right before you're set to release it. And I know firsthand from when others correct my work now, that it's so easy to lose perspective on your own writing after having read/edited so much on your own.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Fan From Afar View Post
    Guys, if you want, I'll throw my name in the hat to do a final edit next year. I used to do (legal) writing and editing for a living, so it's no big deal at all to go through a couple hundred pages right before you're set to release it. And I know firsthand from when others correct my work now, that it's so easy to lose perspective on your own writing after having read/edited so much on your own.
    I think you should hire this guy for a free handbook! Read the book cover to cover and the compiled information cannot be found anywhere else. Great job writing it and I feel kinda bad about commenting on the editing issue especially since I enjoyed it so much. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Done! You're hired!

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Done! You're hired!
    That was too easy. I should have bargained more
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar

Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How about this for marketing purposes? I do know that tables at Twinsfest go at crazy rates, but how about joining with an established someone who will be there and willing to be there and sign copies (and give that established someone a commission) You will be there anyways, might as well make something out of it...
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

I agree, Thry. I'm all for you guys marketing this more -- and don't be afraid to use this website -- your website -- to do it. It's just going to take some creativity.

Just thinking aloud -- I know you have an advertising relationship with the Cedar Rapids team. If they're at TwinsFest (I bet they are -- I know New Britain has a booth), see if you can get a tiny corner in their booth. If not this year, then try and make it part of your advertising deal with them next year.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seth can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we discussed this last year. It had to do with licensing, which would cost 150% of the profit.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,213 Times in 723 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    which would cost 150% of the profit.
    But you can make it up on volume.

/ old joke. Slimy car dealer: "we lose $1000 on every car we sell." "Then how do you stay in business?" "We make it up on volume"
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 01-10-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Licensing is quite expensive, and frankly, with the # that we sell, we would lose a ton of money, even if we sold more. I'd rather make the tiny bit that we do than lose a bunch!

Any advertising ideas are welcomed!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12