Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 281 to 286 of 286

Thread: Pedro Florimon

  1. #281
    Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    6,917
    Like
    992
    Liked 1,215 Times in 725 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    I suppose the legitimate, fact-based analysis is that the manager has implied he's the starting SS, and the manager's vote is the one that counts.
    If the question is what his capacity is to improve, another fact-based analysis is that his previous team exposed him to waivers.

  2. #282
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    710
    Like
    81
    Liked 250 Times in 143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    If the question is what his capacity is to improve, another fact-based analysis is that his previous team exposed him to waivers.
    I wonder if he caught appendicitis from that. Weren't those experiments terminated in the 90's?

  3. These 2 users like crarko's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ashburyjohn (02-18-2014), johnnydakota (02-18-2014)

  4. #283
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,677
    Like
    32
    Liked 743 Times in 415 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    I suppose the legitimate, fact-based analysis is that the manager has implied he's the starting SS, and the manager's vote is the one that counts.
    That same manager ran out Juan Castro for what seemed like an eternity. The front office should give that manager better players and remove his ability to choose between the lesser (or, as Gardy is fond of doing at times, greater) of two evils.

  5. These 2 users like Brock Beauchamp's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    cmathewson (02-18-2014), Sconnie (02-18-2014)

  6. #284
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    710
    Like
    81
    Liked 250 Times in 143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    That same manager ran out Juan Castro for what seemed like an eternity. The front office should give that manager better players and remove his ability to choose between the lesser (or, as Gardy is fond of doing at times, greater) of two evils.
    They were already taken.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-kZXvb2ic

  7. #285
    Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Posts
    1,821
    Like
    130
    Liked 275 Times in 179 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    That same manager ran out Juan Castro for what seemed like an eternity. The front office should give that manager better players and remove his ability to choose between the lesser (or, as Gardy is fond of doing at times, greater) of two evils.
    Can I like this twice? I understand it's tough to develop or acquire shortstops. But it is tough to watch the team that routinely fields one of the worst shortstops in the league. And the manager hasn't helped. He was reportedly the one who expressed his disappointment in Hardy, leading to that horrible trade. Shades of the Bartlett/Castro fiasco; or his love for Punto as an everyday player (to whom we paid everyday shortstop wages after a half a good year at the position). And who can forget Brendan Harris, who literally tripped over his own feet trying to cover the hole?
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

  8. These 2 users like cmathewson's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    johnnydakota (02-18-2014), jokin (02-19-2014)

  9. #286
    Senior Member Triple-A Sconnie's Avatar
    Posts
    296
    Like
    73
    Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DocBauer View Post
    He may be done, he may be toast, but remember, only a rookie last year, and only 27 this year. With even a little overall improvement across the board statistically, not unreasonable for a second year player, combined with his defense, I'm very happy with him at SS and #9 in the order.
    I agree with you if Florimon is the only weak link offensively. I disagree if you have a glaring gap at center and catcher and have 3 number 9 hitters, also if you have terrible defense in the outfield in general. You need to make up the run differential somehow.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.