Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Benson

Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    I would imagine the team expected more out of him this year. He'll have to hit consistently before they move him to AAA and good for the Twins, make him earn it.
    Comparing him to marginal and non-prospects doesn't really do much to elevate him.
    wasnt only the Ryan comment to me....just others from him/Paul Molitor/ Gardy last Sept & even Billy Smith.
    Just never heard positive feedback on him. Could be that the organization doesnt give that out much, but its a vibe I get from hearing about him.
    After 3 yrs there, how much does he have to prove to earn a re-promotion???

Benson done for the year after knee surgery.....what a complete waste of a season

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 218 Times in 138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Benson done for the year after knee surgery.....what a complete waste of a season
    Bit of an understatement. Hit rock bottom, grabbed a shovel kept digging, hit a water pipe, started drowning ....

At least Arcia and Hicks had good years for us.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wonder how much of Benson's struggles this year can be attributed to health. That is the only positive spin one can put on his struggles all year.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I feel quite sorry for him. His season has a ripple effect through the system (trading Span or Revere, and/or other OF prospects could have occurred if Benson had repeated AA numbers at AAA this season).

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    I wonder how much of Benson's struggles this year can be attributed to health. That is the only positive spin one can put on his struggles all year.
    Most of it.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Bummer. Tons of talent, but the Twins (and others?) seem really to dwell on the psychological aspects of his personality when they talk about him (or maybe those are just the comments I remember?). Hopefully he's healhty and productive next year. I still am a believer.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    I'm definitely still a believer... I just think that the injuries just never allowed him to get consistent at bats. Just when he got to a comfort level, there was another injury... Hopefully he can come to spring training healthy and strong and go from there.

IMO....Mn knows Benson has talent, but they dont believe in him. Never hear a positive word about him.
    Wont be shocked if he's dealt this offseaon in a package for a pitcher

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    According to LaVelle E Neal via Twitter: "Joe Benson faces three months of rehab after left knee surgery. There's a bone problem under the kneecap."

The surgery was expected to have just a one month recovery. With this news, it means he won't be going to the AFL. He should be ready for spring training... and what he needs is a turn of the calendar year... HOpefully 2013 will find Benson with much more health.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Updated LaVelle tweet on Benson: "CLARIFICATION: Joe Benson needs 3-4 months of REST, not rehab. A little difference. The bone needs time to heal. Still....yikes"

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wonder how much of this injury was there during the season. I've followed Benson through the minors and if you look for the most part when 100% healthy he had solid years, when not 100% healthy he really struggled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12