Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fair or not fair?

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I am beginning to wonder if the Twins would be better off signing Drew and foregoing the draft pick. If we sign Garza or Arroyo we should absolutely consider it as we are a lot closer to being competitive with him. Though there are a few good SS on the market next year.
    Why not sit and wait to see how far the market drops on Drew? A great field/no hit SS playing next to Sano is not a bad deal for a team expected to compete, but not contend next season. I would be curious to know, if we would take Trea Turner if he is available.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 329 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Better to pocket the money? Not sure what that does, other than not help the team be better.
    I don't understand why the need to earn meaningless poster Fantasy GM bonus points by recommending that available monies for upgrading our favorite team instead end up in the Executive Bonus Pool at the end of each season.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 329 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by howieramone View Post
    Why not sit and wait to see how far the market drops on Drew? A great field/no hit SS playing next to Sano is not a bad deal for a team expected to compete, but not contend next season. I would be curious to know, if we would take Trea Turner if he is available.
    I'm in agreement here. I think they can sign Garza now and join in on the waiting game with Boras on the Drew situation. They might be able to poach him from the Sox and only have to commit to a one or two year deal with a slight overpay. Boras has gone with one-year deals in the past, sign him and then let him walk after Boras rejects a QO. You end up with an extra pick in the low-30s one year removed- instead of at 43 as it now stands.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm curious to see what Escobar can bring to the table. In AAA last year he hit .307/.380/.500 (.880) in 188 PA as a 24 year old. These numbers are far better than the AAA numbers Drew put up as a 23 year old. (Drew's were posted in the PCL, considered a hitters league.)

Escobar went on to return to the Twins and hit .324/.343/.412 (.755). While he did that in only 36 PA (SSS) it still looks like he may have turned a corner.

I just don't believe we've heard all we might hear from Eduardo. He may be a low cost, excellent solution going forward. Possibly a better hitting Greg Gagne.
    I'm on a whiskey diet. I've lost 3 days already.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12