Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: Revised opening day lineup

  1. #1

    Revised opening day lineup

    SP: Garza (Keeping the dream alive)

    1. 2B Dozier
    2. 1B Mauer
    3. 3B Sano
    4. RF Arcia
    5. LF Willingham
    6. DH Kubel/Plouffe platoon
    7. CF Hicks
    8. SS Bartlett
    9. C Pinto

  2. #2
    I know alot of people hate Willy in the OF, but if they're gonna get anything in a trade for him, he has to stay in the OF.

    I'm hoping Bartlett wins the SS job, and I'm REALLY hoping Hicks wins CF keeping Presley a 4th outfielder.
    Last edited by Marta Shearing; 01-09-2014 at 06:34 PM.

  3. #3
    That's a sloooooooooow line up...Plus, Dozier is a 2-Hole guy and Mauer a 3-Hole guy. With that choice of personnel, I would almost slide Hicks into lead-off slot and move Pinto to the 7 hole...Maybe something like this:

    1. Hicks (CF)
    2. Dozier (2B)
    3. Mauer (1B)
    4. Sano (3B) (Highly unlikely, but whatever)
    5. Arcia (RF)
    6. Willingham (LF)
    7. Pinto (C)
    8. Plouffe/Kubes (DH Platoon) (Could flip with Pinto)
    9. Bartlett/Florimon (SS) (I highly doubt Bartlett makes the team)

  4. #4
    Oh...and I'll hold out hope with you on the Garza front, too.

  5. #5
    Senior Member All-Star Thrylos's Avatar
    Posts
    4,135
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Like
    34
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    200
    Too early and they will add players, but here is mine :

    Hicks CF
    Dozier 2B
    Mauer 1B
    Arcia RF
    Sano 3B
    Willingham/Kubel DH
    Plouffe LF
    Pinto C
    Escobar SS
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

  6. #6
    Another thing to worry about.....Sano's elbow. I keep on reading things from time to time that make me nervous.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Posts
    665
    Like
    188
    Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Marta - I cannot see them starting Hicks in MLB.
    They are REALLY going to want him to succeed this time.

    I see AAA time in his future. Hopefully not long, but I would guess a month at least. So, a month or so of Presley.

    Then we get to try to keep you and Shane from killing yourselves.
    I'm on a whiskey diet. I've lost 3 days already.

  8. This user likes Oldgoat_MN's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    diehardtwinsfan (01-11-2014)

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTwinsFan View Post
    That's a sloooooooooow line up...Plus, Dozier is a 2-Hole guy and Mauer a 3-Hole guy. With that choice of personnel, I would almost slide Hicks into lead-off slot and move Pinto to the 7 hole...Maybe something like this:

    1. Hicks (CF)
    2. Dozier (2B)
    3. Mauer (1B)
    4. Sano (3B) (Highly unlikely, but whatever)
    5. Arcia (RF)
    6. Willingham (LF)
    7. Pinto (C)
    8. Plouffe/Kubes (DH Platoon) (Could flip with Pinto)
    9. Bartlett/Florimon (SS) (I highly doubt Bartlett makes the team)
    I'd love Hicks leading off, he just didnt seem to handle that pressure well last year.

  10. #9
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,463
    Like
    184
    Liked 481 Times in 315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    Pretty much what I predicted a month ago. I am going to change my starting catcher to Suzuki because ...I am used to disappointment.

    1. Presley (CF)
    2. Dozier (2B)
    3. Mauer (1B)
    4. Willingham (LF)
    5. Arcia (RF)
    6. Plouffe (3B)
    7. Kubel (DH)
    8. Suzuki (C)
    9. Florimon (SS)

    Ricky Nolasco (P)

  11. #10
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Posts
    607
    Like
    19
    Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    I think Hicks has a 50/50 shot, although I would have liked him to play winter ball. If he does, he should bat #8 until he proves he can handle #1. If I were a betting man:

    Pressley CF
    Dozier 2B
    Mauer 1B
    Willingham LF
    Arcia RF
    Plouffe 3B
    Kubel DH
    Pinto C
    Florimon SS

  12. #11
    Junior Member Rookie
    Posts
    10
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm pulling for Hicks to follow in Dozier's footsteps this year and bounce back, so this is my optimistic opening day lineup.

    1. Presley (LF)
    2. Mauer (1B)
    3. Willingham (DH)
    4. Arcia (RF)
    5. Pinto (C)
    6. Dozier (2B)
    7. Hicks (CF)
    8. Plouffe (3B)
    9. Florimon (SS)

    Ricky Nolasco (P)

  13. #12
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,495
    Like
    3,509
    Liked 3,012 Times in 1,280 Posts
    1. Dozier 2b
    2. Mauer 1b
    3. Willingham LF
    4. Morales DH
    5. Arcia RF
    6. Sano 3b
    7. Drew SS
    8. Pinto C
    9. Hicks CF
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

  14. This user likes USAFChief's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    jokin (01-09-2014)

  15. #13
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,506
    Like
    844
    Liked 1,180 Times in 627 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    1. Dozier 2b
    2. Mauer 1b
    3. Willingham LF
    4. Morales DH
    5. Arcia RF
    6. Sano 3b
    7. Drew SS
    8. Pinto C
    9. Hicks CF
    Ditto

  16. #14
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,554
    Like
    827
    Liked 809 Times in 516 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Pretty much what I predicted a month ago. I am going to change my starting catcher to Suzuki because ...I am used to disappointment.

    1. Presley (CF)
    2. Dozier (2B)
    3. Mauer (1B)
    4. Willingham (LF)
    5. Arcia (RF)
    6. Plouffe (3B)
    7. Kubel (DH)
    8. Suzuki (C)
    9. Florimon (SS)

    Ricky Nolasco (P)
    Misery loves company, besides just for you and me.....and assuredly knowing Gardy still has full say in personnel matters.....this line-up would be the odds-on favorite in Vegas, too.

  17. #15
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,554
    Like
    827
    Liked 809 Times in 516 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    1. Dozier 2b
    2. Mauer 1b
    3. Willingham LF
    4. Morales DH
    5. Arcia RF
    6. Sano 3b
    7. Drew SS
    8. Pinto C
    9. Hicks CF




    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Ditto
    Justifiably or not and as appealing as this lineup could end up being eventually (love to see Morales and Drew in there- I'd become the biggest homer overnite it they could pull that off), when you put together the intertwining stories of Sano's elbow condition, Ryan's continual and nagging praise of Eric Fryer as a legit ML C option, the overarching failure in management's assessment of Hicks' 2013 readiness, and then, meltdown, at both the beginning and end of the season, and Ryan's apparent dithering in the FA market for a bat, I think the odds favor that Sano, Pinto and Hicks will all be in the Rochester starting lineup in April and Morales and Drew will be with other contenders than the Twins.
    Last edited by jokin; 01-09-2014 at 10:55 PM.

  18. #16
    Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Posts
    2,271
    Like
    241
    Liked 461 Times in 290 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    My projected line-up:

    1. Dozier 4
    2. Mauer 3
    3. Willingham 7
    4. Arcia 9
    5. Plouffe 5
    6. Kubel 10
    7. Pressly 8
    8. Suzuki 2
    9. Florimon 6

    Not a lot of runs in that line-up, but it's what they have right now.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

  19. #17
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,495
    Like
    3,509
    Liked 3,012 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Justifiably or not and as appealing as this lineup could end up being eventually (love to see Morales and Drew in there- I'd become the biggest homer overnite it they could pull that off), when you put together the intertwining stories of Sano's elbow condition, Ryan's continual and nagging praise of Eric Fryer as a legit ML C option, the overarching failure in management's assessment of Hicks' 2013 readiness, and then, meltdown, at both the beginning and end of the season, and Ryan's apparent dithering in the FA market for a bat, I think the odds favor that Sano, Pinto and Hicks will all be in the Rochester starting lineup in April and Morales and Drew will be with other contenders than the Twins.
    Sadly I concur.

    But it's still January...let an old man dream, ferpetesakes.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

  20. These 2 users like USAFChief's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ChiTownTwinsFan (01-09-2014), jokin (01-09-2014)

  21. #18
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,463
    Like
    184
    Liked 481 Times in 315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by cmathewson View Post
    My projected line-up:

    1. Dozier 4
    2. Mauer 3
    3. Willingham 7
    4. Arcia 9
    5. Plouffe 5
    6. Kubel 10
    7. Pressly 8
    8. Suzuki 2
    9. Florimon 6

    Not a lot of runs in that line-up, but it's what they have right now.
    I agree with your prediction but will bet that Presley is the leadoff hitter with everyone else moving down one spot. There is balance there FWIW, going L-R thru the first eight with a switch hitter in the #9 spot.

  22. This user likes stringer bell's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Chance (01-10-2014)

  23. #19
    April
    1. Presley CF
    2. Dozier 2B
    3. Mauer 1B
    4. Willingham LF
    5. Arcia RF
    6. Plouffe 3B
    7. Kubel/Parmelee/Colabello DH
    8. Suzuki C
    9. Florimon SS

    August
    1. Hicks CF
    2. Dozier 2B
    3. Mauer 1B
    4. Sano 3B
    5. Arcia RF
    6. Kubel/Plouffe DH
    7. Pinto C
    8. Presley/Parmelee LF
    9. Florimon SS

  24. These 3 users like TwinsTerritory's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ericchri (01-10-2014), KirbyHawk75 (02-22-2014), PseudoSABR (01-10-2014)

  25. #20
    Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Posts
    1,020
    Like
    1,569
    Liked 478 Times in 276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinsTerritory View Post
    April
    1. Presley CF
    2. Dozier 2B
    3. Mauer 1B
    4. Willingham LF
    5. Arcia RF
    6. Plouffe 3B
    7. Kubel/Parmelee/Colabello DH
    8. Suzuki C
    9. Florimon SS

    August
    1. Hicks CF
    2. Dozier 2B
    3. Mauer 1B
    4. Sano 3B
    5. Arcia RF
    6. Kubel/Plouffe DH
    7. Pinto C
    8. Presley/Parmelee LF
    9. Florimon SS
    I agree with this.

    A hard decision would be if Hicks has a great spring but I think Presley made a good impression last September. If Sano and/or Buxton are raking then get those guys up ASAP by May/June, especially Sano. Meyer too if he's dealing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.