2. Mauer 3
    3. Willingham 7
    4. Arcia 9
    5. Plouffe 5
    6. Kubel 10
    7. Pressly 8
    8. Suzuki 2
    9. Florimon 6

Not a lot of runs in that line-up, but it's what they have right now.
    No such a thing They use DH instead of 10
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

I also agree with TwinsTerritory's lineup, and hoping that Sano's elbow is good to go.

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 461 Times in 290 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinsTerritory View Post
    April
    1. Presley CF
    2. Dozier 2B
    3. Mauer 1B
    4. Willingham LF
    5. Arcia RF
    6. Plouffe 3B
    7. Kubel/Parmelee/Colabello DH
    8. Suzuki C
    9. Florimon SS

August
    1. Hicks CF
    2. Dozier 2B
    3. Mauer 1B
    4. Sano 3B
    5. Arcia RF
    6. Kubel/Plouffe DH
    7. Pinto C
    8. Presley/Parmelee LF
    9. Florimon SS
    This is great. My only question is about left field. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Hicks/Buxton/Arcia outfield as early as August.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    I would think ALL of us would like to see a Hicks/Buxton/Arcia outfield by August, wouldn't we? That would be fun to the max. Why will it happen or not?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,473 Times in 772 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmathewson View Post
    This is great. My only question is about left field. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Hicks/Buxton/Arcia outfield as early as August.
    I'd put the chances of Byron Buxton being on the MLB roster in August at... (carrying the one in my head)... 1%.

It's just not going to happen, folks. The guy hasn't even played in AA yet. Be patient.

6. These 4 users like Brock Beauchamp's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Chance (01-10-2014), ChiTownTwinsFan (01-10-2014), Physics Guy (01-10-2014), stringer bell (01-10-2014)

I would agree on Buxton. I'm as anxious as the next fan, but I just don't see any way he is on a Twins roster by August. In the most unscientific way possible, I've put together the following percentages for his arrival:

April-August 2014: 0.1%
    September 2014: 4.9%
    April/May 2015: 25%
    June-September 2015: 65%
    After 2015: 5%

8. This user likes TwinsTerritory's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

TheLeviathan (01-11-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A DocBauer's Avatar
    Liked 160 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I suppose my lineup is not much different, but of course I have to post it anyway since it's been on tablets, scratch paper and napkins pretty much since the season ended. Trying to keep it practical with a couple small liberties.

1) Presley=LF. (Possibly some Mastro or a utility like Baker on occasion)
    2) Dozier=2B
    3) Mauer=1B
    4) Willingham=DH (more than likely Kubel here as well switching out lineup occasionally)
    5) Arcia=RF
    6) Plouffe=3B (hoping for a bench LH bench bat to swap out on occasion)
    7) Pinto=C (Suzuki might drop a notch in the lineup when he plays)
    8) Hicks=CF (my pick as rebound candidate, defense, power & speed-hitting in works)
    9) Floriman/Escobar=SS (platoon or either could win outright. Bartlett? Shrug-maybe)

Keep coming up with a 14 man roster even though I'm sure it will only be 13.

Also torn on LF and RF. Arcia is work in progress, but decent athlete/range and arm for right, and the faster Presley covers more ground in the larger LF. Or, the more polished Presley in RF and the still developing Arcia in LF where a mistake might be less costly.

10. This user likes DocBauer's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (01-10-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A DocBauer's Avatar
    Liked 160 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy10 View Post
    I would think ALL of us would like to see a Hicks/Buxton/Arcia outfield by August, wouldn't we? That would be fun to the max. Why will it happen or not?
    Want it, but say no at this time.

In an ideal situation, Sano's elbow is just fine, he builds upon what he did at AA last season and moves to AAA pretty quickly before finishing at some point with the Twins. Possibly all star break-ish or fairly soon after.

Along with that, the uber-talented and hard working Buxton, coming off his fantastic season, and some work in ST with the Twins coaches, tears up AA pretty well before his jump to AAA and finishes the season in the majors.

But I don't see it for a couple simple reasons. The first being that the stop at AA has always been reputed to be the most difficult first jump, and at his still very young age, there is no reason to rush him (push yes, rush no) and offer any set backs. And the second is also somewhat age related in so much that last season and a full season this year will obviously be the most ball he's ever played consecutively. Perhaps so many games and four levels in two years might be enough, and then a bit of a break before seeing if he might be ready to start, or advance early on, in 2015.

However, if it doesn't affect his clock very much, or at all, I COULD see a Sept. cup of coffee just to work with the MLB coaches more, take OF and batting practice, and just explore and experience MLB after another strong season.

With his talent, who knows, maybe he just blows us all away and forces the issue!

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 461 Times in 290 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I'd put the chances of Byron Buxton being on the MLB roster in August at... (carrying the one in my head)... 1%.

It's just not going to happen, folks. The guy hasn't even played in AA yet. Be patient.
    Just going on the Mike Trout timeline. If Buxton starts in AA, he could easily get called up in August. I would put the odds closer to 25%.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Pretty much what I predicted a month ago. I am going to change my starting catcher to Suzuki because ...I am used to disappointment.

1. Presley (CF)
    2. Dozier (2B)
    3. Mauer (1B)
    4. Willingham (LF)
    5. Arcia (RF)
    6. Plouffe (3B)
    7. Kubel (DH)
    8. Suzuki (C)
    9. Florimon (SS)

Ricky Nolasco (P)
    This looks accurate as of right now. It'll be interesting to see what the Twins will do if Hicks has another solid spring training. I think all Kubel has to do is show that he can drive the ball hard the way he always does and he'll make the team. Bartlett on the other hand will really have to impress everybody in order to make the starting line up. I see him as more of a long shot than Kubel. Also, it will be interesting to see what will happen if Pinto has a great spring training. I"m sure Suzuki will start game 1, but it would make things interesting if Pinto gives him a run for his money offensively.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My first lineup of the year! How exciting!

Presley (CF)
    Dozier (2B)
    Mauer (1B)
    Willingham (LF)
    Arcia (RF)
    Kubel (DH)
    Plouffe (3B)
    Suzuki (C)
    Florimon (SS)

Bench
    Escobar
    Parmelee
    Mastroanni
    Pinto

I hope that Bartlett shows well enough to earn the starting job but I assume he won't right away and will come up from AAA at some point. Sano will start in AA and maybe be up by the All-Star Game. No Buxton this season but it will be close enough for people to grumble about it. Willingham will get traded to make room for Hicks by the break. Pinto will catch as much if not more than Kurt but as the vet Kurt will get the first game. This will be our last year of (different lineup every game nonsense.)

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts
    Blog Entries
    LH/RH much?

vs. LH

Hicks CF
    Dozier 2B
    Mauer 1B
    Willingham DH
    Plouffe 3b
    Arcia RF
    Presley LF
    Suzuki C (Pinto in AAA)
    Florimon SS

vs. RH

. . . it gets trickier . . . you would have Hicks, Presley, Arcia, Parmelee, and Kubel as lefties in the OF/DH. And yet Willingham.

The Twins will likely not have Hicks involved, I guess.

I would probably go with:

vs. RH

Dozier 2B
    Mauer 1B
    Arcia RF
    Kubel DH
    Willingham LF
    Parmelee RF
    Hicks CF
    Herrmann C
    Florimon SS

August 2014:
    LF Rosario
    CF buxton
    RF Hicks
    DH Arcia

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    Any team that has all three of Presley, Mastroianni and Parmelee on the roster is assuredly not one that I am anxious to watch. Hopefully by August only one of those three if even that is still around. How many agree with me/or not on this premise?

Shane Wahl wrote:

vs. RH

Dozier 2B
    Mauer 1B
    Arcia RF
    Kubel DH
    Willingham LF
    Parmelee RF
    Hicks CF
    Herrmann C
    Florimon SS

You might want a 3B rather than two RF...could leave a hole on the left side of the diamond.

19. This user likes NoCryingInBaseball's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

johnnydakota (01-11-2014)

Blog Entries
    To bad we don't have Slowey. He would be perfect for having 2 slow right fielders instead of a 3rd basemen since nothing will be hit on the ground.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCryingInBaseball View Post
    Shane Wahl wrote:

vs. RH

Dozier 2B
    Mauer 1B
    Arcia RF
    Kubel DH
    Willingham LF
    Parmelee RF
    Hicks CF
    Herrmann C
    Florimon SS

You might want a 3B rather than two RF...could leave a hole on the left side of the diamond.
    I knew that was too easy. I . . . guess Plouffe instead of Parm . . .

Blog Entries
    Shane Wahl don't sound so upset about Parm/Plouffe, not a lot of difference between the 2 thus far.

Do you believe that Gardy will work in more LH/RH lineups this year? At least personal wise, maybe not such a dramatic shift in order?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,473 Times in 772 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmathewson View Post
    Just going on the Mike Trout timeline. If Buxton starts in AA, he could easily get called up in August. I would put the odds closer to 25%.
    Byron Buxton is not Mike Trout and the Twins are not the Angels.

Which is fine, both strategies have their merits. But I do not see a scenario where Buxton is in Minnesota before September.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,102 Times in 590 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Byron Buxton is not Mike Trout and the Twins are not the Angels.

Which is fine, both strategies have their merits. But I do not see a scenario where Buxton is in Minnesota before September.
    What context do you mean that? Their A ball seasons are certainly comparable with Buxtons arguably better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast