Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 25 Man Roster Projection

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Parmelee and Kubel are the same player. Twins will not carry both of them since neither can play center field. The only way they could carry both is if Arcia is sent to Rochester. Have not seen enough out of Parmelle to believe he is a major league player, so if Kubel has a good spring, my guess is that Parmelee is gone.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    I will assume the Twins go with 12 pitchers and 13 position players. I think that will be the way they start the season. Position players first, rationale to follow:

Position players:

Catcher: (2) Suzuki, Fryer
    Infield: (6) Mauer, Dozier, Florimon, Plouffe, Escobar, Bartlett
    Outfield/DH: (5) Willingham, Presley, Arcia, Mastroianni, Kubel
    One Question, who will serve as the backup 1B to fill in when Mauer isn't starting?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOne69 View Post
    One Question, who will serve as the backup 1B to fill in when Mauer isn't starting?
    With that group Plouffe or Kubel. They would fill in fine for the (hopefully) two games that will be.
    Better looking with the lights out.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetOne69 View Post
    Good point. That's why I believe Parmelee will be on the club for back-up 1st and OF. Kubel could be primary DH with some OF when Mauer DH's and Parmelee mans first. Kubel can also come off the bench.

So here is my take

C: Suzuki, Pinto
    IF: Mauer, Dozier, Floriman, Plouffe
    OF: Willingham, Pressley, Arcia
    Bench: Kubel (DH/OF), Parmelee (IF/!B), Escobar (IF) & ??? (CF,C, or bat)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 85 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    As mnfireman said, this club will not compete. Add Pinto, Sano, Hicks, Tonkin, Ibarra for the ones in bold up there, and you got a better team. Still I expect a couple more players before ST. And if you replace the underlined players with better players (or keep someone like Presley on the bench), then you might have a competitive team.
    Thry - Not sure why Theilbar was one of the guys you bolded. In 46 innings the guy had an ERA under 2.00 and a WHIP under 1.0. I'd certainly keep him. I agree that Tonkin should be on the staff as well as Ibarra. I'd be on the phone trying to trade Duensing (I just don't trust him), Fien, and maybe Worley or one of the others. I know he was injured, but Mastro just didn't look like the player he was 2 years ago. He needs to hit better and be a threat on the basepaths to make the team. Fryer is Butera. Pinto should be there. I'd rather have Herrmann's flexibility and power on the bench. I'd also have him practicing at both 1B and 3B to add to his versitility. In an emergency, he could even play CF for an inning or two as could Arcia.

That being said, Sano won't start the season in the majors. He may even start on the DL depending on his arm. I think he'll start at New Britain, move to Rochester and then the majors by late June. Hicks will start at Rochester even if he does well in ST as a punishment for not playing winter ball. He'll also be up by June. This roster will look very different after the trade deadline.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 734 Times in 453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think Parmelee is going to be the starting DH and a somewhat frequent corner outfielder to spell Willingham and Arcia. I just want him to get a full season of consecutive at bats to see if he can put an end to whether or not he has some long term plans. Otherwise, he's going to be a nice bench bat/defense corner OF sub.

Also, I'll be shocked if he doesn't make the 25 man roster (baring trade, though I don't see his value being all that high).

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 471 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    I think Parmelee is going to be the starting DH and a somewhat frequent corner outfielder to spell Willingham and Arcia. I just want him to get a full season of consecutive at bats to see if he can put an end to whether or not he has some long term plans. Otherwise, he's going to be a nice bench bat/defense corner OF sub.

Also, I'll be shocked if he doesn't make the 25 man roster (baring trade, though I don't see his value being all that high).
    Parmelee is a better corner OF than either Arcia (at present) or Willingham (ever), plus he has some positional flexibility. I can't see him starting one game as a DH. If he makes the team, he's going to have to earn ABs.

I like Parmelee (met him at ST, seemed to be a nice kid) and I thought his work converting to the OF was pretty good, but the guy has to hit to have a job with anybody. He's out of options, so it is fish or cut bait for Chris.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 471 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Did anyone else see Tom Powers picks for the Twins 25-man roster? He has Hicks, D. Robinson, Kubel, and Pinto all going north. No Parmelee, Colabello, Worley, or Deduno.

Assuming no more FA signings, I'd guess the following.

C-Suzuki
    1B-Mauer
    2B-Dozier
    SS-Florimon
    3B-Plouffe
    LF-Willingham
    CF-Presley
    RF-Arcia
    DH-Kubel
    Bench-Fryer (C), Escobar (2B/SS/3B), Parmalee (1B/OF), Mastoianni (OF)

SP-Nolasco, Hughes, Corriea, Pelfrey, Worley
    RP-Perkins, Fien, Burton, Duensing, Thielbar, Swarzak, Pressly

DL-Deduno
    Trade-Diamond
    AAA (and ready for a call if needed)-Pinto, Hicks, Bartlett, Colabello, Gibson, Meyer, Tonkin

Liked 32 Times in 23 Posts
    Blog Entries
    About Parmelee VS Kubel...
    Parmelee is an above average OF. Kubel can barely play it.
    Parm hasn't hit well, but has the potential. Kubel is past his prime and was horrible last year.
    There's no doubt in my mind Parmelee is better and should make the team over him.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    What I would like to see:

C-Pinto
    1B-Mauer
    2B-Dozier
    SS-Florimon
    3B-Plouffe
    LF-Parmelee
    CF-Hicks
    RF-Arcia
    DH-Willingham
    Bench-Suzuki(C), Escobar (2B/SS/3B), Kubel (1B/OF), Presley(OF)

SP-Nolasco, Hughes, Corriea, Pelfrey, Gibson
    RP-Perkins, Fien, Burton, Tonkin, Thielbar, Swarzak, Worley

What I expect to see:

C-Suzuki
    1B-Mauer
    2B-Dozier
    SS-Florimon
    3B-Plouffe
    LF-Willingham
    CF-Presley
    RF-Arcia
    DH-Kubel
    Bench-Fryer (C), Escobar (2B/SS/3B), Parmelee (1B/OF), Mastroianni (OF)

SP-Nolasco, Hughes, Corriea, Pelfrey, Worley
    RP-Perkins, Fien, Burton, Duensing, Thielbar, Swarzak, Diamond

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12