11-22-2012, 07:27 AM #1
Baseball America AL Central Prospect Podcast
If you're traveling, or even if you're just sitting at home and have a free hour and a half this weekend, one thing you'll want to do is listen to this week's Baseball America AL Central Prospect Podcast. I listened to it on my drive, and it was terrific. There is some great Twins content starting at about the 52 minute market.
- Appy League championship series best of the baseball season.
- John Manuel says Twins have best farm system in AL Central. JJ Cooper stands by Royals.
- "I don't think very many organizations have two true number one prospects, Byron Buxton and Miguel Sano. I'd almost take both of them over Wil Myers of the Royals."
- Oswaldo Arcia... he would be the #1 prospect in several organizations.
- Kyle Gibson would be #1, has been #1 in this organization. He has flashed in the Fall League 3 plus-pitches. The slider, his best pitch, is the one pitch he's struggled to get back.
- Aaron Hicks - may not be an impact player, but a solid big league regular... comp to Shane Victorino (12-18 homers, walks, .350 OBP, 420 SLG, terrific defensive centerfielder.
- Eddie Rosario - if he's a second baseman, he's an impact, first-division bat.
- JO Berrios - upside and polish, but he's a ways away.
- They have a very interesting discussion comparing the two organizations.
- Manuel says the Twins have depth, relievers.
- Buxton comp - Andrew McCutcheon.
- Nice discussion on Danny Santana.
And there is much more, but I definitely recommend taking time to listen.
11-22-2012, 11:28 PM #2
I echo Seth's comments. Highly recommended.
11-23-2012, 08:55 AM #3
Yeah, even if you just want to hear Twins-related content, you can just fast-forward to about 45-48 minutes in.
11-23-2012, 10:03 AM #4
They also cracked jokes at the expense of the starting pitching depth in the minors.
11-24-2012, 02:29 PM #5
Another podcast you might be interested in comes from Beyond the Boxscore.
Jonah Keri talks about the business of baseball and the blockbuster trade. The rest is prospect talk. In the AL Central you will hear about some Royals, White Sox and some Twins.
If you are looking for laughs and entertainment this probably isn't your podcast.